• The Beach •

Steve was nervous about asking out Eddie. Sure, he's asked plenty of girls out before, but this was a guy. It felt different, but Steve liked it. Steve had put Eddie's gift hidden away in the back of the RV. The whole group was excited to go to the beach. "When we get there I'm making the biggest sandcastle ever!" Dustin said with a giggle. Lucas agreed and the two began to brainstorm about how'd they make it. Steve chuckled as he drove done the empty road. Robin sat next to him, painting her nails and humming a song that was on the radio. "Hey Rob?" Robin looked over at Steve and sighed. "Yes dingus?" "You think he'll like it? You know, the gift?" He glanced back at where Munson sat with his walkman on. He was bobing his head around happily as he read a book. He looked back to the road and Robin smiled. "He'll love it Steve. I promise." Steve nodded and they continued down the road.

- Time Skip / At The Beach -

They group piled out of the RV that was parked on the beach. The kids all immediately ran to the water, Lucas and Dustin staying in the sand to build their castle. Jonathan and Argyle sat near the RV, smoking and talking to each other. Robin and Nancy sat in chairs watching everyone, smiling and talking as well. Steve watched the kids like a Hawke, making sure they didn't drown or get hurt. Eddie stood next to him an smiled. "Harrington, you should come into the water with me!" Steve looked to Eddie and smiled. Eddie looked at him with puppy eyes.

Without a word, Steve bolted for a pile of rocks that towered above the ocean. Eddie laughed as he followed quick behind, trying his best to catch up. Steve and Eddie both climbed their way up the tall rocks, stopping at the top to look over the ocean. The two sat at the edge and took in the view. "This is so beautiful." Steve looked at Eddie as he spoke, a small smile on his face. Not as beautiful as you. He wanted to say it so deeply. He wouldn't yet though. Steve stood up and chuckled, looking down at Eddie's confused face. Without a thought, Steve backed up and ran off the cliff, jumping into the cold salt water below.

Eddie gasped and laughed, watching Steve resurface with a bright smile. "Come on Ed's! It's fun!" Steve waved his hand, gesturing Eddie to jump. Eddie did exactly what Steve did, gasping as he resurfaced. "Holy shit its freezing!" Eddie's teeth chattered and Steve laughed. The two joined the younger teens and they messed around happily, splashing each other, playing tag and Marco Polo, and just having fun.

The sun began to set and the kids got out of the water. Steve and Eddie were still messing around in the water. Argyle watched them from his spot next to Jonathan. "They look happy." Argyle looked over at Jonathan as the shaggy haired boy spoke. Jonathan had a sligh frown on his face, making Argyles heart ache. He leaned over and kissed him on the cheek and pulled him close. Jonathan smiled softly and leaned into Argyles gently touch. "I'm sorry about you and Nance love, but you got me!" Jonathan laughed softly at his lovers words. "Yeah, I got you. That's all I need." Jonathan intertwined his hand with Argyles, and the two sat there and smoked in each other's presence.

Nancy smiled softly as he watched her ex boyfriend lean onto his new lovers shoulder, their smoke dancing as it lifted into the air. "Hey Nance, you alright?" Nancy looked to Robin and giggled softly. "Yeah I'm alright, just happy Jonathan found the right person for him." Robin smiled at Nancy's words. "Yeah, same with dingus over there." The two girls brought their attention to Steve and Eddie, who were now wrapped in towels and attempting to make a fire. "Yeah, if those two don't confess soon I think I'm gonna go insane." Robin laughed at Nancy's joke, making the other smile. "Steve's planning on doing it tonight actually." Nancy smiled widely. "That's great. But what about you? Any lovers?" Robin's cheeks heated up and she bit her lip nervously.

"Well, she's not my girlfriend yet.. but we have gone on a few dates! Her names Vickie." Nancy smiled and squealed. "Oh my god! You two would be so cute together! I hope it works out." Robin's face flushed and she giggled. "Yeah.. me too." The two girls continued to talk as the sky grew darker. Steve and Eddie had finally got the fire going and everyone gathered around the fire. "Hey steve?" Robin's voice rang in Harrington's ears, making him turn to his best friend. "Yeah Rob?" "You should play the guitar!" Robin smirked as Steve's face broke into a nervous smile. Eddies head perked up like a dog, his big brown eyes huge with excitement. "Stevie you play guitar?!" "Y-yeah, a bit." Eddie smiled as he watched Steve make his way to the RV, coming back a few moments later with Robin's guitar in hand.

Steve sat down next to Eddie, thinking of a song to play. Everyone sat in silence as he thought, waiting for him to play a song. He looked to Eddie, the metalheads eyes big and beautiful. He smiled softly at Eddie and began to strum the guitar. Eddie watched with awe as Steve strummed the guitar, but the words.. the words he sang left a heavy blush on Munson's face. "Eddie my love.. I love you soo~.." Steve sung softly, a soft blush on his face. Robin was smiling ear to ear as she watched her best friend.

Steve continued to sing and play the guitar, getting closer to the end of the song. He turned to Eddie, a smile on both of their faces. "Oh Eddie, Eddie I love you so~.. Eddie my love, I love you soo~..." Everything was silent. All Steve could hear was his own heart beat. He placed down the guitar and scooted towards Eddie. Eddie's face grew warmer, not because of the fire though. Steve took Eddie's hands into his and took a deep breath.

"Eddie Munson, I know we haven't known each other for long, but these past few days have been the best I've ever had. And it's all thanks to you. You've made me smile more then I ever had in years. You make me feel things, Eddie. And, if I'm being completely honest, I've fallen head over heals for you. Eddie Munson, will you be my boyfriend?"

Eddie's face was redder then he thought it could be his face broke out into a huge grin, tears forming at his eyes with joy. He hugged Steve tightly, feelin Steve wrap his arms around him firmly. "Of course I'll be yours, idiot." Eddie heard Steve chuckle softly. They pulled away from the hug, and Steve cupped Eddie's face into his hands. They smiled sweetly at each other, before they leaned in and connected their lips together.

Steve's heart fluttered with joy as he finally kissed the boy he'd fallen so hard for. He felt Eddie smile against his lips and they soon pulled away. The two smiled at the others as the other clapped. "About time!" Dustin shouted, making the everyone burst out laughing. Steve stood and pulled Eddie up with him. "I have something for you." Eddie tilted his had to the side like a confused puppy. Steve smiled and dragged his boyfriend to the RV.

"What is it Harrington?" They entered the RV and Steve made his way to the back of the RV. He smiled as he pulled out the guitar case and walked over to Munson. "Here, I know you'll be mad at me for buying it.. but you deserve it." He handed Eddie the guitar case, watching as his lovers eyes shot wide. "You didn't.. Harrington.." He opened the case and looked down at the guitar that he couldn't afford. He smiled brightly at the golden boy. He walked to him and wrapped his arms around his waist and pulled him close.

"I love you, Harrington." Eddie smiled at Steve who smiled just as brightly back at him. "I love you too, Munson." Steve leaned in and kissed the others lips. They pulled away after a moment, both giggling like idiots.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

[A/N]: One more chapter, and it's all over !!! Thank you all who have been reading, it means a lot <3 The last chapter is most likely going to be short just like this one, so I apologize. I love you all so much, keep you're heads up high and stay sober!

-Dakota ☆