Part 2: Goodbye and Hello again

The first thing Kakashi noticed was the rock-hard ground he was lying on. Panic started to set in. "Did it not work?" Scared for his students, he immediately sat up.

"Moring Bakashi." A familiar voice spoke up behind him.

"Obito." Kakashi breathed as he turned toward the man. "What's going on?"

Obito smiled at his long-time partner and helped him up. "What's happening is that you are dreaming. And I'm here to give you a small gift."

At the confused look on Kakashi's face, the older man just laughed. "It worked Kashi, you made it. I don't know about the others, but you are in the past and are asleep. Anyways, we don't have much time, so.." Obito pressed a hand on Kakashi's eyes." You can't be Kakashi no Sharingan without a sharningan, right?"

Kakashi felt the tears running down his face as Obito took his hand away. "Why? Obito?" Said man just wiped away his tears and kept smiling sadly. "I just got you back, and now, I already lost you." No matter how much he tried, he could not calm down."Damn it. Hatake, you're better than this." He scolded himself. Gentle hands cupped his chin, pulling his mask down with practised ease. Soft lips met his in a sweet kiss.

"I'm sorry, my love. But you know me, you are the most important to me, and I'll die for you as many times as necessary." Obito's deep voice always gave some sort of comfort to Kakashi, but not now. No, it just broke his heart even more.

"I love you so much, Obito. It hurts me so much to let you go."

"I love you too, Kashi. But your students need you more than me. I just hope you can forgive me for being selfish once more."

"I'll always forgive you."

"Thank you." Obito slowly faded away with his stupid, big grin on his face.

Kakashi opened his eyes. Looking around, he noticed he was in his old bedroom. The one in his apartment that got destroyed during Pein's attack. Getting out of bed, he noted how exhausted he was. "Huh. I must have used up more chakra than I should have." The morning sun shined in through the open curtains. Lighting up the dark room. Finding the calendar on his bedside table Kakashi noted it was the day he was assigned to lead team 7.

"This makes things a bit easier. At least I won't have to sneak around to check on them." Once in the bathroom, Kakashi looked in the mirror. "Mah, so this is what Obito meant." Staring back at him were two identical red spin wheels."How am I meant to cover this up?" Out of pure curiosity, he tried turning them off, and to his shock, the eyes listened,both of them, instead of the usual mismatched black and red pair, his eyes were his natural black. Letting out a sigh of relief, Kakashi started to get ready. His mind racing. He thought about Obito, his precious little students, what he should do next, but most of all, what kind of mess he got himself into. Not that he wasn't glad he had this chance to change the fate of the world, but this was definitely going to get difficult. Getting dressed, he felt a wave of nostalgia hit him as he put his hitate on. After a moment's hesitation, he pulled it over his left eye, really not wanting to explain how he doesn't have the sharingan anymore.

Walking around the village once again was rather calming. Watching the roads come to life, Kakashi made his way toward the cemetery. He pulled out his book and started reading.

Only, his plan was thrown out the window when he felt a familiar chakra.

"Kakashi! My Eternal Rival! How are you doing on this youthful morning?"

Kakashi's heart was racing. Gai. How could he forget about Gai? Gai's death was a hard hit on the Allied Shinobi Forces. He lost his life against Madara at the beginning of the war. He used his body to shield Lee's unconscious form. Once the teen gained back his consciousness, he broke and pushed himself too hard. He lost his life on the battlefield trying to avenge his beloved teacher.

Pushing all those memories to the back of his mind, to be dealt with later, Kakashi turned his attention toward his best friend.

"Mah, I'm fine Gai." Kakashi was struggling with his emotions.

"I heard you're meeting your new genin today, Rival!"

"Mhm, I am." They fell into a comfortable speed walking toward the Memorial stone. "Don't you have something to do, Gai?" Kakashi asked hinting toward the man's own team." It's not nice to make people wait."

"HAHA! YOU ARE RIGHT, RIVAL! I SHALL GO AND TRAIN MY MOST YOUTHFUL GENINS!" And with that Gai ran off leaving Kakashi to finish his walk to the cemetery alone.

Looking up from the headstone in front of him, Kakashi noticed just how much time has passed. He's been in front of Obito's grave for almost 3 hours. "Huh. I should get going Obito, the kids will probably be mad at me for being late." Standing up, he brushed off the dirt from his pants." I'll try my best to keep my promise to you, my love." He whispered making sure no one would overhear him, just in case.

The academy was just as he remembered. Walking towards the classroom his kids are in, he noticed Iruka's chakra signature was still there. "Huh. Seems like I got here earlier." His hand was hovering over the doorknob. Not sure what he would see on the other side. Collecting his thoughts, Kakashi pushed open the door to see his children sitting together at a desk, lightly chatting and a very confused Iruka sitting at his desk looking at the three.

"Yo!" He called, and immediately, four heads snapped his way.