Part 9: I've missed you

The seal on Obito-san's heart was more complex than Naruto expected. But given how much trouble it caused it's not surprising. Naruto got to work on untangling the mess that Madara's handy work is.

It took roughly an hour to slowly rewrite the cursed seal. In the end, it looked like a just barely more controlled mess, but it seemed to work.

"Sooo, how do you feel, Obito-san?" Naruto's question broke the silence of Kamui. He was nervous, a lot mattered on whether or not he could undo the damage done to the Uchiha.

"I feel..." Obito seemed to have trouble with his words, seemingly trying to put new emotions into words." It's as if a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. Thank you, Naruto." Obito's words are followed by Kakashi tackling him in a hug and the kids cheering. Their plan was going to change a lot now that Obito was free of Madara's influence, they could now hopefully, rely on Obito for out-of-village recon. And Kakashi would be able to focus. Sure, he didn't want to admit it, but they all knew the man would not be able to give his all without Obito's support. But now, nothing will stop the man. That was for sure.

—----

Kakashi couldn't believe his luck. He had Obito back. Well, not fully, but it's the best he was going to get, and he would take full advantage of it. He shocked himself the most when he hugged Obito. He didn't even realise he was moving. But it didn't matter. It just felt right to be back in his arms. The man below him stiffened for only a moment before hugging him back. Kakashi buried his face into the other's chest, who pushed his scarred face into silver hair. They stayed there for a while, tangled up in each other, nothing else mattered. Until someone cleared their throat. Pulling back, Kakashi looked at Obito with a small, but nonetheless visible smile.

"Sorry." His answer was met with an amused smile and glinting eyes.

"It's fine. I know I'm irresistible." Obito joked, and it was so familiar it broke a surprised chuckle out of the silver-haired.

"Hate to break it to you, but we've been here for too long and people will start looking for us if we don't go back soon." Sakura's reasoning was fair, but it didn't make it any better. Kakashi wanted to stay and talk. Just a bit more. He has just been blessed with getting Obito back.

"You're right." Obito sighed. "I'll take you out and then I'll be leaving." Before Kakashi could protest, Obito continued, looking directly at him. "I promise to be back tomorrow and we can talk, and do whatever you want."

Kakashi nodded and Obito's eye flashed red for a moment, and they were back in the training ground.

"Well, that went surprisingly well." Sakura broke the small silence that had fallen over them.

"Yeah!" Naruto's cheer infected them fast, and they fell into a light-hearted conversation. Kakashi let their recount of the day distract him from the emotional turmoil inside him.

—----

Kakashi was acting off. Ever since Guy ran into him yesterday, it was clear. At first, he thought it was because of his new genin team. Getting the fourth's son on his team must've made him nervous. At least that was his first idea, but then today Kakashi was, first, early, and then looked like he had seen a ghost every time a Jonin walked into the office. Of course, Guy only noticed because he has known Kakashi for so long. After the meeting ended, Kakashi disappeared before anyone could talk to him. That wasn't unusual. The man was known introvert. But Guy still wanted to talk to his rival and best friend. Like what were his genin like? He figured Kakashi would be at the cemetery for the next few hours, so the jonin went there. Once he arrived, the man decided to wait and watch. Kakashi was standing in front of Minato-sama and Kushina-sama's joint grave. It was logical, of course, Kakashi would want to talk to them. But then a moment later Kakashi's head snapped up and for a moment Guy thought he had been caught. But Kakashi didn't even look his way before he disappeared in a swirl of leaves. After only twenty minutes in front of the graves. To be honest, Guy was glad that whatever happened to his friend seemed to have a positive effect on him. At least he wasn't going to spend the whole day in front of unmoving rocks. He would keep an eye out for Kakashi and his new team, after all, Guy was a ninja and a ninja never leaves anything up to chance.

—----

The day passed by them relatively quickly after Obito-san left. They spent the rest of the morning talking, then they went to grab something to eat. Thankfully not ramen, Sasuke was sure he'd be sick of it within the week.

Once back at the training ground Kakashi-Sensei pulled out a notebook and gave them simple exercises to go through. It was surprisingly calming. Perhaps that was the goal. Kakashi did seem to need some easy training to think.

Before Sasuke realised the sun was already setting.

"Well," Kakashi's voice called their attention." I think it's time to head home." Home. That was an interesting thought. One he would need to get used to. Sasuke never really had a home. The only time he did, he lost it all before he even learned to appreciate it. Then he went off to Orochimaru, and that was most definitely not a home. But now, Kakashi's small, two-bedroom apartment was perhaps the closest he has ever gotten. Snapping out of his musings, Sasuke fell in next to Sakura following after Kakashi-Sensei and Naruto the two were talking about something to do with seals. They looked happy. Maybe it was time Sasuke accepted the love and protection his team promised.