Communication 5

Communication 5: Wanting To Talk
.
.
.
.
.

"Um, what were you trying to say?" Komi stood and watched the bundle of nervousness that was Tadano as he continues to mutter 'ho' over and over again. 'It's no use.' Komi thought to herself before starting to search the room. 'Is there any way we can communicate?' And as that thought passed through her mind she saw it. She grabbed Tadanos hand and lead him to the class blackboard and pointed at it. "Write what you want to say on here" Komi smiled expecting the boy to nod and follow her instructions but he instead stared at her while red crept up his face before shooting his gaze downwards. Komi followed his gaze and realized that she was still holding his hand and promptly pulled it away. "S-sorry" she said as her face sported the same shade of red as Tadanos. The boy only nodded and grabbed the chalk. Cat ears sprouted out his head as he wrote around his name, which was covered in graffiti stating the importance of it. 'Tadano the cat' Komi thought to herself as she watched the boy write.

"How did you know that I'm bad at talking to people?" Tadano wrote as he gave Komi a curios look.

"Well...I just sensed it yeah. Hasn't anyone else ever noticed it before?"

"No."

"Oh...uhhh....Really?" Komi scratched the back of her head before looking at the board. 'We've already run out of things to talk about!' The raven haired girl thought to herself. "Well w-we're supposed to be in the gym! So I better get going!" As Komi turned to exit Tadano grabbed the bottom of her uniform jacket to stop her. Komi turned around to the boy with a blush across her face and noticed he had wrote "Wait" on the board.

"W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-" Tadano tried as he shook vigorously. He eventually halted his attempts to speak and turned back towards the blackboard and started to write. "I couldn't finish my lunch" he wrote before turning back to Komi.

"?...?!....So...you're hungry?" She asked. Tadano shook his head and turned back towards the board.

"Actually, I want to talk." He paused his writing to make sure Komi didn't have anything to say before continuing. "I get nervous in front of people. My face freezes up and I get scared." He pauses once more to think before continuing to write. "But actually I want to talk." Tadano moved his arm to swipe at his eyes before continuing. "People get uneasy around me. Or they run away or pass out. Or they kneel and bow. I think they hate me, no, I'm certain they do. Because I'm so difficult to talk to. I know that." Tadano set the chalk down and rubbed at his eyes.

'He's got it so wrong' Komi thought as she waited for Tadano to continue writing.

"In junior high I had a hard time eating by myself at lunch. And watching everyone chat. It hurt. Every day for three years I tried to join but I couldn't speak. No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't." Tadano had long stopped wiping his eyes and let the tears flow freely from his eyes. "What can I do? How can I start a conversation? Then what happens? What if I say something boring? What should I do? What should I do? What should I do?" Tadano had been writing so forcefully that a chunk of the chalk broke off and clattered to the floor. "...What if I'm like this my whole life?" Komi walked up to the boy and reached out to hug him but stopped upon noticing the next words he wrote down. "I wanted to suggest eating together."

'She had this much trouble just saying that?' Komi thought to herself. She reached into her skirt pocket and handed the taller boy a handkerchief. "Here. Wipe your tears" Tadano accepted the handkerchief and wiped the tears on his cheeks and the ones currently flowing. 'He isn't the school prince or the cute yet unapproachable guy he's been labeled as. He's just a regular student' Komi thought to herself with a small smile.

Communication 5 - The End