Communication 6

Communication 6: Wanting To Apologize
.
.
.
.
.

"Did they stop? Your tears?" Komi asked her classmate. The boy turned towards her and nodded thankfully before turning back towards the board and continuing to write his thoughts.

"I can't even say hello. People make it seem so easy yet I just can't do it. Why? Other people talk about how much fun they have and their favorite TV shows but I can't do that. It hurts Komi-San. It really hurts"

Komi remained silent as she watched her classmate spill his feelings out onto the blackboard. Feelings that she knew had been bottled within him for god knows how long. Chalk hitting the blackboard brought her out of her musing as she looked at the freshest sentence displayed on the board.

"I'm sorry I'm bothering you Komi-San. Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?"

Komi stared at the blackboard and blinked. She looked back to Tadano who had casted his gaze to the floor below before looking back towards the blackboard. "You don't need to apologize Tadano-Kun. I can see how hard you try and it's a valiant effort so don't put yourself down so much". In response, Tadano shot his head back up and looked at her with wide eyes. No one had ever said anything close like that to him save for his family. His eyes started tearing up again as he let the tears fall which were accompanied soon after by sobbing. 'D-did I say something wrong?!?!' Thought a panicked Komi. She stood for a few moments, watching as the boy fell to his knees and continued to sob before finally deciding to walk over and engulf him in a hug. "You're an amazing person Tadano-Kun and anyone would be blessed to have you as a friend and as a matter of fact I'd like to be your first" Komi said with a beaming smile. While waiting for a response she continued to draw circles on his back using her fingers.

"I.....I w-w-want t-to ma-make 100 f-friends!" Tadano announced looking her in the eyes with a fierce determination shining in his own. It was then in that instance that Komi had a single thought in her head.

'He's really fucking cute'

Communication 6 — The End