Chapter 8: The dinner

"Should we get a gift?" Anna asks, applying lipgloss.
"Hm, Yeaa," I said focusing on my mascara.
Today is Belly's birthday dinner, Jeremiah invited my whole family so Im bringing my dad. I hope it isn't awkward because me and belly didn't meet properly.
"Come on girls, we're gonna be late." My father says and jogs downstairs.
I grab my bag, and she grabs hers. We race downstairs and is greeted to our father, wearing a suit with a messy tie.
"Lady's, I know this is your friends house but, be polite. Please." He says eyeing me seriously, we hold back our smirks.
"Yes dad, we will." I smile and he nods, walking towards the car.
As we're walking towards the car I hear a 'ding' from my purse.
I enter the car and search for my phone in the purse. I find it and it was a text from Jeremiah.
"Still coming tonight?" - Jere
"On my way" - y/n
"Oh thank god, it's gonna be 10x better" -Jere
"Really? Wouldn't it already be 10x better with someone like belly? I mean you are best friends lmao| " I sit and stare at that sentence and decide to delete it.
"Thanks." I reply I keep the message short because I'm still worried about opening up and showing my full self to someone who will just break you, again.
**flashback**
"Come on, let's sit here." Anna gestures at empty seats on the bleacher.
"Where is he?" I ask, I was crazy In love with that boy, since 4th grade, Freshman year we started dating.
"There, look." She points at him, running with the ball, He continues running until he scored a touchdown.
The crowd goes wild and so do I, I scream and shout I get up from my seat and run down the bleacher stairs, to do that cliche move where you run into his arms and he kisses you...
I guess he had someone else he wanted to do that cliche move with,
A girl runs towards the field and jumps up in his arms, both kissing each other.
My heart stops for a minute, I can feel my heart going to my throat, that rush of anger running through my veins. It hurt me, it really did.
I jogged away from the field, trying to hold back my tears but they all started pouring out, I ended up walking myself home, the air filled with sadness..
**flashback ended**
"Honey, hello?? Earth to Y/n." I hear a voice call out and snap out of my thoughts.
"Yes? Sorry, yes I'm awake." I say at Anna and my dad staring at me.
"You totally dozed off, we're at the store, to buy belly a gift." Anna says getting out of the car.
I mouth 'oh' and get out of the car as we both hurry in the store.
"What she we get her? Makeup? Flowers? A card?" Anna asks looking around the store.
"Maybe we should just get a card, yknow with 'happy birthday'" I say pointing to the aisle of cards.
We walk into the aisle and both pick out a card, Anna's just says "Happy birthday!" With a monkey and a balloon. While mine has "Have a happy birthday!" With a minimalist painting of balloons.
"Okay I think we're good now." Anna smiles and we check out, heading back to the car.
--------------
We arrived to the fishers house and were about to walk in, gathering our stuff.
My dad knocks on the door, seconds later it opens to a lady with dark hair and red lipstick, laurel her name is?
"Laurel?" My dad says staring at the woman. "Dave?" She says.
"Do they know each other?" Anna whispers and I shrug waiting to see what happens next.
"Welcome, um- come inside." Laurel invites and we both follow my dads lead, like ducks.
She sits us at the dining table whereas Belly, Jeremiah, Steven, Conrad, Jeres mom, and a few others I don't know are seated.
Jeremiah smiles and gestures at the seat next to his, I slightly smile and sit next to him, my dad sitting next to Laurel and Anna by Steven.
"Glad you made it." Jeremiah whispers, his hot breath sending shivers down my spine.
I smile, "I'm glad too- look at all the food..." he laughs and then it gets silent.
"Thank you, all for coming today for Belly's Sweet 16 dinner. We are all pleased to see new faces around the house, so please. Enjoy." Susannah smiles.
Food begins being passed around and conversations on conversations filling the room, it was all fine until I was invited, into those conversations on conversations..
"Y/n! Your here again, it is so pleased to see you! And this must be your father," Susannah waves to my dad who is clearly confused.
"Again? You've been here before Y/n?" My dad asks and the room gets silent.
I gulp and me and Jeremiah glance at each other, "Dad come on let's not do this now, it's belly's dinner." I nervously smile at him and he's not buying that smile. Not at all.
He sighs and the dinner goes on, conversations about what happens after summer, plans, etc.
"Y/n, look," Jeremiah points to my face, handing me a napkin.
"Huh?" I begin gently patting my face with the napkin while he distantly navigates whatever he's pointing to.
"Here let me do it," Jeremiah takes the napkin and begins wiping the place he pointed out.
Faces begun staring as Jeremiah looked at me, still close to my face, as if he was going to kiss me.
I break the silence once again, "Thank you, Jeremiah" I smile and take the napkin back, he backs away and smiles as well. The room is still silent looking at our faces.
    I awkwardly take a sip of my water thinking it will stop them from staring, but no it didn't help.
    "What are you guys staring at?" Jeremiah chuckles and began eating hi s food, everyone began enjoying their time while someone announced,
    "Hey I think we should go to her party." A blonde says. I am beyond confused, party?
      I look at Jeremiah in confusion and leans over and whispers "Conrads girl is having a party, wanna come?" He asks, "Sure" we both smile at each other and the whole table stares again. Come on!
     I tell my dad me and Anna are going to the party and he was actually okay with it, surprisingly. 
     "Do you need a ride? You can ride with me and Jere-" I said to Anna and she shook her head, "I'm gonna ride with Belly and Taylor!" She says running over to them. Taylor?
     "Come on Y/n!" Jeremiah calls, "coming!" I get in the car and watch Anna and Belly laughing together, entering the car.
     I feel his eyes on me, "Hey, y/n are you okay?" He asks and I look at him, "yea why wouldn't I be?" I ask smiling. "It's just that your looking at belly and Anna weirdly." He says. "Nope! I'm fine!" I lied, I know Anna is allowed to have other friends but she's been my only friend for years, so of course I'm overprotective of Anna.
    He begins driving and turns up the radio, he slowly slides his right hand to mine, holding it.
    I look up at him and he smiles, still looking at the road. Should I let go? Or should I enjoy this moment? I leave my hand and soon we arrive,
   We enter the house and I go see if Anna wants to hang with me, but I saw her talking with belly and Taylor, that's okay.
     I walk over to Jeremiah, "hey y/n- I'm gonna go talk to someone. I'll be right back." He smiles and walks away.
     Okay, this is fine, at a party where I know nobody- I'm fine." I sit on the stairs and start randomly scrolling through Instagram, I come across a video but can't hear because of the blasting music so I go to one of the rooms,
     I walk in the room and notice a flower crown, eh I guess someone left their flower crown, I lay on the bed and watch the video, it ends and I sit up on the bed.
     I notice two people kissing, "woah, I am so sorry" I apologized and ran downstairs.
      I stopped walking down the stairs and realized "Wait a damn minute- that was Steven and Taylor- eh not my problem." I finish walking down the stairs and notice belly running up the stairs, shits about to go down.
     I sit in the living room looking around, being invisible like always. I look across the room and notice Jeremiah kissing some man on the couch, my eyes go wide and my heart sinks down, again.
    I hurry out of the house and quickly get in the car, that feeling of being heart broken is there again. We aren't even dating but I still feel this way.
    I suck it up and wipe my tears, I sigh and get out of the car because I need to use the restroom. I enter the house, walking to the bathroom, out of nowhere Jeremiah pins me to the wall, "hey y/n" He says and I just wave.
    He could tell something was wrong, you could see it in his eyes, always knowing when something was wrong.
    "What's wrong?" He asks i look down at our pinned bodies pressed against each other and he backs up.
    "I have to use the bathroom." I pointed towards the room and he lets me go.
     I quickly use the bathroom hoping he left but he didn't, he was in the exact spot.
      "Let's talk about it outside." He says and I nod, and he leads me on the porch.
      "So what's wrong..?" He asks, "It's nothing, just saw you making out with some guy." I half smiled.
      "Oh fuck so you saw that, I'm sorry y/n! I'm drunk." He says and I keep a neutral face.
      I'm not reacting how I did before because I refuse to feel how bad I felt before. It's fine, I swear it is.
       "It's okay," I smiled again. "I should have told you about my sexuality.. I'm bi.." he scratches his head, "No, you shouldn't have, we don't even know each other like that, but I support you, of course." I smiled and he smiles hugging me. I slightly hug back.
      "We can leave if you want..."
He says and I frown, "no it's fine I can walk myself. Go sober up so you will have ride." He can clearly see I'm holding a grudge so he nods and walks in. I put on my coat and start walking home.
       Its dark, terrifying really. Woods on both of my sides. Only street lights giving some light, I don't look in the woods because I'll scare my self and I soon make it home.
       I knock on the door and my dad answers, " home already? It's only 11:30." He says looking at his watch.
      "Yea! I have a head ache Anna is with her friends." I say and I jog upstairs.
     I undress from my formal wear and put on my pjs, I begin scrolling through my phone again and I get a voice message.
     "Hey y/n! It's me Anna, I just wanted to say I'm staying at Belly's House tonight so don't expect me to be home! -who's y/n again? -oh some girl I'm staying with. -oh shit it's still going!" The voice message stops and my heart drops again, twice today.
    I'm just some girl she's staying with, is she kidding me? I'll show her "just some girl I'm staying with." I block her and throw my phone, falling asleep.
—————
1,980 words! The most I've had!!!
READ THIS PLEASE!!!
Okay so this story line is a little different from the show, so there will be sometimes where things happen at different times than the show. Or I will add lines. So yea! I know this may trigger people so I'm sorry!!