Chapter 14: The party.

     I toss and turn at the thought of UCLA, still can't believe I actually made it. My mind replays the different scenario's of how I will even tell my dad. Maybe I should just stop being so dramatic and-

     "Y/n~!" I throw the covers over my head to look at my dad. "ten more minutes." I roll over throwing the blanket back over my head. "Nope! you have a guest waiting for you." He says shutting the door and my eyes widen.

     The party- I throw off the covers for the second time and dart into the bathroom, brushing my teeth and throwing on a sun dress. I take my phone off of the charger. It's 11 am. "shit."  I curse under my breath and run downstairs.

      "Sorry I-" I walk into the kitchen and notice jeremiah leaning on the counter. "I woke up late."  I say softly taking in his tall figure. "Look who's finally awake." Dad snorts while drinking his coffee. I roll my eyes and slide on my shoes. "You coming?" I ask jere and dad shakes his head. "He'll come, go in the car." Dad shoo's me off and I raise a brow. Jeremiah shrugs and I sigh.

       "Dad don't tell me your giving him the speech-" I frown and he throws his hands up in defense. "Am I not allowed to talk to jeremiah?" He asks and I roll my eyes walking outside. I have a feeling to watch from the window, but instead I go sit in the car. 

        "No sex, no drugs, no drinking, got it? keep it pg and if something happens to her trust me you'll be in a ditch." My dad says casually drinking his coffee. "Would never think about hurting her sir, trust me." Jeremiah crosses his arms. "You can even come as well, I know how much you like laurel." He laughs at the face he put on my dad. "Y'know Jeremiah, I like you. Go have fun!" He then shoo's Jeremiah out of the house. He catches my attention as he walks outside the house.

       As soon as he enters I start apologizing like crazy, "I'm so sorry for him he-" I pause at his sudden sigh, "Stop apologizing everything is fine." He smiles letting the windows down, "Oh I have to pick some catering" and I nod . I sigh and look out the window, the wind blowing my hair. I feel his eyes on me but I ignore it, enjoying the beach air. "Your lucky." I softly say turning down the radio.

      "Am I though?" He says rolling up the windows to hear me better, "Yes, you live here." I pause finding the words. "You have the option of just having vacation whenever you feel like it." he exhales deeply. "Going to the beach is not my Ideal vacation, it's hanging out with friends forgetting the negative things in life." His words bring a smile to my face. 

     "Unique." I lean back into the seat and grab his phone, he glances down but then focuses on the road, I play SZA's new album SOS, and I smile. "What do you think about sza's new album." He shrugs, "You know- Blind is my favorite so far, she's just so talented- and hot." I laugh at his words and turn the music up. 

      This is nice, driving with someone who you kind of hate with your favorite artist blasting. I know this sounds weird but I kind of want to keep it this way, but of course he had to mess us up. Like Anna said, I still give him chances time and time again. But, I swear I'm done it's just a day, for his mom.