Chapter 18: Just the beginning.

I awake to the soft snores of Jeremiah and I smile, his hand is on my stomach while he's spooning me. I reach for my phone on the nightstand and look at the time. Thankfully it's only seven a.m. Dad usually wakes up at like eight so we have some time. I roll over to see his handsome face and I smile. I want to kiss him so bad... "Do it." He mumbles and my eyes slightly widen. "I said that out loud?" I ask covering my mouth, He looks at my hand confused, "I might have morning breath." I say embarrassed. He chuckles and pulls my hand down, kissing me. woah.

Before he starts passionately kissing me, he pulls away. I frown, "why'd you stop?" I ask and he shakes his head laughing, "I want to make you wait, like your making me wait." He explains and I scoff, "Jeremiah I just want my first time to be special." Oops. "Your first time?" He asks smiling. "I get to take that?" He asks again and I nod embarrassingly. "But- it will be special and not when I look like a hot mess." I groan.

"You don't look like a hot mess, you look beautiful." He says and butterflys fill my stomach, "You need confidence." He sighs and I nod, "I'm gonna miss your annoying self." I smile hugging him. He rubs my back, "I'm missing you already." He laughs. "I need to go pack." I groan getting up. "let me help you." he stands up and begins helping me.

An hour fly's by and I hear my dad knock my door, I push jeremiah into my closet and shush him. I run over to my door and open it, "Hey- dad." I smile awkwardly, "wow, your up early! Oh by the way we're leaving as soon as Anna is done packing he informs me and I nod, "Oh can you make your amazing breakfast? I'm really craving it" I ask and he nods,

let's be honest dad's food isn't that great but I just need a way to get Jeremiah out the house, and my dad cooking is the perfect way to distract him. My dad shuts the door and I open the closet door. Jeremiah laughs, "I really wish we were able to spend the rest of the summer together," He says placing my bag on my bed, "We're gonna see each other soon- just don't forget about me." I laugh, "girl- I could never forget about you." I plop down on my bed.

"you should probably get out of here," I sigh, "Right- I'll come back when your about to leave, okay?" He smiles, I smile back. "Okay. You better hurry my dad will kill us both if he see's you here." I suggest and he nods, "See ya y/n." He waves and I wave back, as soon as he closes the door I fall back onto my bad. Holy shit- "I have a boyfriend." I say to myself in disbelief. I squeal into my pillow and snap myself out of it.

Okay Y/n, enough. I smile and finish packing, once I finish packing I look out the window towards Jeremiah's room. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I might actually miss this place. I grab onto my bags and head downstairs, "This was a fun summer, dad." I smile hugging him. "I know I enjoyed myself as well." he pats my head and I sit by Anna, "I don't want to leave," Anna groans and I laugh. "Me either, it was an enjoyable summer." I say placing food on my plate. Anna raises a brow. "what has you in such a good mood?" She asks and I smile, "Y'know life with a boyfriend is just great." I laugh at her and dad's reaction. "No way! Your dating Jeremiah!!" She squeals and shakes my shoulders. "your dating that Jeremy boy?" Dad asks and I laugh. "Yeah." I smile, "Yay!" Anna smiles.

"Anyway, hurry and eat because we have to leave soon." Dad says placing more food on the table. We both nod and finish moments later. "I'm gonna go put my stuff in the car." I place my fork down and go outside. I open the trunk and throw my stuff inside, Once I close the trunk belly is standing there, "Hey- belly." I wave awkwardly. "Hi.. can I apologize?" She asks and I raise a brow.

"sure?" she clears her throat. "I'm sorry for being all over the place with who I like, and I'm sorry for ruining your relationship with Jeremiah, I hope you can forgive me.." She sighs, "That feels good getting off of my chest." She laughs and I smile, "I forgive and plus me and Jeremiah are on pretty good terms now." I lean on the trunk. "Really? I'm so glad," She smiles and I nod. "So, How's susannah? I wanted to talk to Jere about it but it didn't seem right." I ask and she sighs.

"She's alright, she didn't want to get any treatments for it but we talked to her into it." She explains and I nod, "Well, tell her to stay strong for me, alright?" I ask and she nods, I look behind Belly and Jeremiah is walking towards us. "Hi." I say and Belly steps to the side, "Hey." He smiles, "Are you leaving now??" He asks and I nod, "they should be coming out any minute now," I put my hands in my back pockets. I turn my head and see Anna and my dad walking out of the house. My dad places the key under the door mat for the landlord. "Jeremiah!" My dad waves and he waves back. "Mr. Cohen, I hope to see you again." Jeremiah waves and he nods, "Knowing that you and y/n are dating, I'm sure we will." He smiles.

I sigh and slowly turn my head towards Jeremiah's cheeky smile. "You told them already?" He laughs and I nod looking down. "They would've gotten it out of me sooner or later." I laugh. "So, au revoir." I smile and he smiles back, he kisses me and pulls back, "Au revoir." He smiles and I get into the car, "Break her heart, and I'll rip out your's, okay?" Anna asks and he nods throwing his hands up in defense. She gets into the car and I laugh, "What was that for?" She shrugs, "What? It was just a warning." I shake my head and laugh, pulling down the window as dad drives off. "Bye jeremiah." I wave poking my head out of the window, he waves back and I smile. (See you soon.)

Until next time, cousins.

_____

It may be the end of the book, but the story is just beginning...

Check out book two, "Summer 22' - Book two" :D

Thank you so much for 3.5k reads and I hope you enjoyed part one.

edit: Thank you guys for reading and somehow enjoying this story... trust me, i know how cringe this is but thank you again for 15k and taking your time to read this :D