7

7

Demon Slayer: Tamayo's other demon

Tamayo is known to be the traitor demon, or the demon who escaped Muzan's clutches. Tamayo wasn't like any other flesh-eating monster; she was graceful and kind. She helped those who needed help and healed those who are sick. Although, she couldn't stop them from meeting death, she wasn't a magician anyways. When a certain boy, Yushiro, upon the brink of death, the only solution was for Yushiro is to become a demon like Tamayo and he gladly accepted it. He still had the will to live and he didn't want to die just yet. But Yushiro wasn't the only one whom Tamayo turned into a demon.

Satoko was a good girl and she always helped her mother at night with selling street foods, that is, because she was born with a rare condition which prevents her from coming in contact with the sun. It was said that she was allergic to it. Her mother went to every doctor she could find to look for a cure, but there was no such thing. She was even called a 'child of the night' because she was only seen when the sun is not present. But even though she could not see the sun with her own eyes, she saw glimpses of it and that was enough for her. She didn't despise her condition. She was kind, sweet and beautiful. She was close to everyone in her village, because she was helpful. She had friends who grew close to her, even if they could sometimes not understand what she was trying to say for she also has a problem with her throat. She could only make sounds but could not speak words.

One afternoon, when her mother was going home, she encountered a thief who robbed her of her money and stabbed her in the abdomen which resulted to her quick death, because of the bleeding. Her mother was found dead and the news was delivered to Satoko. She broke down, crying, unable to save her mother, because she couldn't get out of the house. She was sorry. A few days after her mother's death, she held a funeral and people went to pay their respects, they were sorry for Satoko as well. She was taken care of by the villagers, because she meant a lot to them. Days turned into weeks, and the happy Satoko was never seen again. When she was selling foods, she was gloomy, but she snapped out of her sadness and sold almost all of it. She came home from work and bummed into a lady who had blackish purple hair – it was fixed in a bun – and purplish eyes. She knew that this woman was not from her hometown, so she bowed down so low to say sorry. The woman had a companion, a guy by her side, who became so angry with her. The woman stopped the man from speaking and gestured for her to stand up. She had her eyes closed and just made sounds. She looked at the woman and it seemed like she understood why Satoko was not speaking. "You can't speak, can you?", she asked in such a calm voice that spoke so many words. She nodded and smiled awkwardly at the woman who stood before her. The woman smiled and fixed her hair, tucked in it her ear. She gasped softly at the sight of the woman that reminded her of her dead mother. The man who stood behind her had his arms crossed and looked away angrily. "My name is Tamayo and this is Yushiro", she pointed at the man and urged him to smile at her. She put down the things she was carrying and got a pen and paper in which she wrote her name and showed it to Tamayo and Yushiro. "Nice to meet you, Satoko-chan", Tamayo said and smiled so perfectly. Satoko smiled back along with her eyes. She put her hands in a prayer position and bowed down twice to signify that she was saying sorry and she was leaving them. She picked up the things she was carrying before and went on her way.

In the morning, as she was doing her chores inside her darkened house, a woman came by knocking at her door. She quickly opened it, but just a peak and saw their landlord, the owner of their house. She was known to be bossy and Satoko had forgotten about paying her the monthly pay. She demanded the money, but because her mother had lost the money to a robber and Satoko was unable to earn some more money in the morning because of her condition, she could not pay her right away. Her landlord got angry and was very cruel, so, she kicked the door open. Satoko got terrified as her landlord trashed their house looking for money. She pleaded the landlord to stop, tears falling from her eyes. But her landlord was stubborn like a mule and pushed her outside the door. The villagers gasped seeing Satoko outside in the open with the sun still in the sky. She had her eyes closed and when she felt the heat of the sun, she was shocked. The people outside their houses, quickly went to Satoko's aid and covered her with umbrellas and their kimonos and haoris. The villagers got so angry at the landlord that they shouted at her. "LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE!", a man said as he looked at the landlord and pointed at Satoko who was now crying on the ground. The villagers carried her to every doctor they know in the village, but she was already exposed to the sun and there was nothing they could do. As for her last wish, she wanted to be left alone at her mother's grave. The villagers embraced her in a hug and they all cried together, saying goodbye to a special person. Satoko's friends cried along with her.