02. wanna bet?

T W O
wanna bet?

Otto had attended countless parties at the boneyard, being a touron - a gorgeous one at that - she was always invited. And not ever being able to turn down the opportunity to escape life, she always accepted.

JJ and Otto didn't really talk much, neither of them had ever acknowledged what happened between them both a few weeks ago. They almost acted like the time Kie "introduced" them to each other was the first time they'd actually met each other.

Kie and Maria went off with one another, and Pope and Belly blew the group off in favour of some disgustingly cute date.

So, JJ and Otto hung out with each other.

"You look genuinely disgusted." JJ observed with an amused grin. He wasn't lying, it still should be considered an Olympic sport to get a read on Otto because she gave next to nothing away. But right now she couldn't hide the absolute disgust she had for the alcohol she was forcing herself to drink.

Otto looked down at the plastic cup in her hand which held her drink, it was something she poured for herself and was absolutely vile. "Let's just say I don't drink because I like the taste." She grumbled.

"I've got a little Mary Jane if you catch my drift and it tickles your fancy?"

"The last time I smoked I made quite possibly the worst decision of my entire life."

"Gee, I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you through that. Next time you're struggling feel free to reach out for help."

"Go suck a dick."

"Not really my thing, but, you know what is my thing is having you suc--" Otto slapped the cup he was holding up so the drink splashed in his face, hair and shirt.

JJ nodded and wiped the drink from his eyes, "I kind of deserved that."

She ignored him and her eyes began to scan through the throng of teenagers, all the tourons had long since returned to the mainland so it was just the Outer Banks residence in attendance.

She recognised a majority of the people from school, only vaguely but she still counted it. The rest of the people where either drop-outs or graduates. Neither of which she was familiar with.

Someone stuck out to her.

He stood a head taller than the rest of the crowd, dressed in the least obnoxious Hawaiian shirt imaginable his wavy brunette hair was pushed back off his face. He was good looking, there was no way around that fact. Tall, tan and from what she could see, chiselled.

She narrowed her eyes at the man who seemed to be a little older than her.

"That's Wesley Harrington. He's a rich arsehole." JJ takes a guess at who she's looking at.

As if he could hear his name being called over the loud conversation and crashing waves Wes' head turns toward the duo. His eyes lock in on the dark haired girl, his lips curve into a smile, showing off a row of near perfect teeth.

Otto downed the last few mouthfuls of her drink and turned to JJ, "Looks like I need to go fill up, I'll see you later." She smiled, not waiting for him to say anything before she walked away.

She walked over to the table which had bottles upon bottles of every cheap alcoholic beverage imaginable, picking up the first tequila she seaw, she poured in a generous serving before grabbing a mixer and pouring that in. The drink was way too dirty to be anywhere close to enjoyable, but the hint of mixer took the edge off. Or at least that's what she told herself.