33. the prodigal's son.

T H I R T Y - T H R E E
the prodigal's son.

He went inside and saw Otto sitting on the sofa, eating a tub of Ben & Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie.

Her eyes didn't leave the screen.

"So, prodigal's son has graced me with his presence." She said her voice laced with sarcasm.

"I'm so sorry, I can ex--"

"You stink, go take a shower." She said, her eyes still trained on the screen that was playing Harry Potter.

JJ nodded, even if she wasn't shouting she was being extremely passive aggressive which was almost worse. He really had a valid explanation but Otto didn't seem in the mood for valid explanations.

He scrubbed all the muck off himself, the water falling from his body a gross brown colour. His cuts stung, none of them were bad, just surface level but they still hurt.

JJ got out of the shower and got dressed, walking out if the room they shared with his clothes he put the in the washing basket.

It was getting full, and he really needed to get in Otto's good graces so he decided to do it.

The washing machine at both the Chateau and his house had about three buttons, this had about three thousand. Above the washing machine were bottles of things. He didn't really want to spend the small amount of money on fabric softener and detergent so he didn't really know how they worked.

While he was in the shower he put his phone on charge, going back into the room he pulled it off and googled how to use the washing machine.

Eventually he figured it out, he even got it right.

With his tail between his legs he walked back into the living room, finally Otto looked at him.

"You going to explain yourself or what?" She said before shovelling a spoonful of icecream in her face.

Slightly relieved she wanted an explanation so soon he sat down on the other side of the sofa and explained.

Her face didn't once move, she was back to neutral. But once he finished she nodded, pursing her lips into a thin line.

"That is a pretty got explanation."

"Jesus, I thought you were going to go back to hating me."

"I have gone back to hating you, just because you've got a good explanation doesn't mean I don't hate you."

She watched JJ's face fall and she realised she hadn't really used any obvious sarcasm as she was pretending to be neutral.

"Joke! That was a joke. It was sarcasm."

"That is so not funny, I was about to cry."

"I wasn't really mad, it was nice to have  few days to myself." Lie. That was a lie, she hated being alone again, it was far too quiet.

No to mention she couldn't fall asleep quickly.

"Should I go then?" He asked, raising an eyebrow, seeing how far he could push it.

"Do what you want, J."

"Okay Tillie, I'll see you later." He got up and headed toward the door, he grabbed the handle and began to push it down.

"Stop. Fine. Imissedyou." If was barely audible, but JJ knew what she said.

He turned on his heels, "Missed me?"

"Don't get cocky or I really won't miss you."

He raised his hands and walked over to the sofa, this time not sitting on the other side but right next to her.