22. suprise! i'm pregnant.

T W E N T Y - T W O
suprise! i'm pregnant.

As the weeks went on Otto traded the jumper for a t-shirt and cardigan, everyone knew she was pregnant it wasn't like there was any point hiding it.

Her stomach began to take shape, she no longer looked a little pudgy, it was beginning to round out.

She walked throught to the backgarden of the Chateau, JJ texted her about watching some movie she had mentioned months ago that she hadn't seen. He was shocked and horrified that she hadn't seen it.

As she rounded the corner she saw JJ sprawled out of a seat, they made eye contact.

"Suprise! I'm pregnant." She said sarcastically.

JJ rolled his eyes, pulling the blunt out from between his lips, rolling his head back a little he exhaled it all into big cloud of intoxicating air.

"That's really not funny. It's a fresh wound, Tillie."

"Considering you were the one inflicting the pain I think I'm allowed to joke about it, J."

She walked up the couple of stairs onto the verandah and sat back into the hammock every now knew as hers. She didn't lay down like she usually did she just sat there.

JJ stared a little at her stomach, he wasn't stupid, he was well aware she was pregnant but he didn't expect her to look pregnant. Usually it'd be a gradual change but the last time JJ had seen her stomach it was essentially flat and now it wasn't.

"I fucking hate it." Otto admitted, "I can't lay on my stomach anymore, if you told me about that I would've reconsidered my choice."

She was joking, mostly.

Otto worried a little about her maternal instinct. Sure, she cared about the baby, she wanted it to be healthy and all that.

But she didn't feel like she loved it, she hadn't met it, she had no clue what it looked like or anything. How was she meant to met something she hadn't properly seen, something that wasn't even a real person.

When she had heard other pregnant women talk about their babies through her life they all said shut about how they'd die for their babies, but at that point Otto wouldn't have.

She had no clue if that made her selfish or heartless.

Maybe a bit of both.

While she had gotten past the nausea and aversions to food she still wasn't loving being pregnant. It came with all these rules she was expected to follow, rules that really fucking sucked.

If only babies didn't get all screwed up by some alcohol.

JJ felt the same, if he was giving the choice between Otto and the baby he'd choose Otto every damn time. It wasn't remotely a hard choice.

Sure, he had only cared about the baby for a few weeks but he'd still choose her.

Both of them were scared that once the baby was born that they still wouldn't love it.

That they'd be indifferent or even resent it.

"If men were the ones that got pregnant human would've died out a long time ago." JJ said, Otto nodded in agreement.

There was a long stretch of silence, JJ had began swinging the hammock back and forth almost the moment Otto landed in it.

She had no clue why the hammock was so calming to her, or why it made her life feel a little more bearable.