04. boom, slap, the sound of my heart.

F O U R
boom, slap, the sound of my heart.

Kie sat on Otto's bed, she invited herself over, just showing up at the door. She did it a lot.

Usually when she was having trouble with Maria.

And she was never not having trouble with Maria.

"It's obvious you don't want to go." Kie said from the bed, fiddling with one of the throw pillows, her mother had changed them due to the recent change in season.

"I do want to go." She lied. "I just am so fucking tired at the moment." She complained.

Every cell of Ottilie Moreau's body was exhausted. No matter how much sleep she got she was beyond tired. It's probably why she felt sick so often at the moment.

Wes was not impressed with those facts, he was always a little annoyed when she wasn't in the mood. Each day that passed there was another red flag that popped up about him. The issue was that none of them were that big, they were always small enough to fly under the radar with just a roll of the eyes. But if only she took a step back and saw the bigger picture that was littered with a sea of them.

The pair chatted while Otto got ready, she wanted to make a good impression that night. She was meeting Wes' parents. Even with all the time she spent over at his house she hadn't ever met them.

With a house that big it wasn't exactly shocking.

His mother sounded lovely, the type of mother to bring you fruit when you're in a bad mood. Although his father sounded intimidating, he seemed like a hardarse, the type that nothing's ever good enough for.

They were going to a restaurant, the fanciest one on the island.

"The food's alright." Kie shrugs when Otto asks what it's like, "I've only been a few times, it's all just obscenely overpriced and the sizes wouldn't be enough to fill a full-grown adults stomach even if they had a gastric sleeve."

"Honestly at the moment I feel sick most of the time so tiny portions are the least on my worries." Otto grumbles.

Having procrastinated enough she grabs the dress she chose off the back of the door to her wardrobe. She hung it there after trying it on that morning.

It was pretty, a dusty purple, it dropped to the space between her ankle and knee and made up from the covered skin with a V-shaped neckline. Although all-in-all it was fairly conservative. She wore her wavy hair out, pulling a few strands from the front to the back, securing them with a few decorative bobby pins. She left her makeup natural, mostly because she couldn't really be bothered to do it, and she was always too lazy to learn how to do those intricate eye makeup looks.

"If only you were gay." Kie smirks as her eyes scan Otto.

Otto flopped down on the bed beside her, "Who said I wasn't gay."

"You're bi?" She asks, curiosity clear in her tone.

Otto shrugged and rolled onto her back, looking up at the pristine white painted ceiling. "I'm just me."

She didn't really ever feel the need to fuss over what category she fit into, she didn't need a label. Labels always seemed like they were more for other people than for herself, and she couldn't be bothered to find a box to put herself in for the sake of someone else's need for clear cut answers.

"Is there something going on between you and JJ?" Kie asks like it had been weighing on her mind recently. Well, it always had been weighing on her mind.