37. ottilie harrington.

T H I R T Y - S E V E N
ottilie harrington.

For the first few days Otto would initiate each kiss, she knew JJ wouldn't do it. She was well aware if his nerves.

But after she'd made it clear it wasn't a one time thing he would kiss her too.

It wasn't like two highchooler's kissing each other like they were trying to lick each other's tonsils. It was more chaste pecks here and there, rarely going beyond that.

They also kept it inside the house, it was another one of their unspoken agreements.

Otto finally was realising JJ actually loved her, he wasn't like her last boyfriend's that said it to get into her pants. JJ wasn't doing it for that otherwise he'd have left months ago.

He actually loved her.

That terrified her because she was pretty sure - not 100% sure - she loved him too.

She wouldn't say it unless she was ready, and knew she did love him. In the past she said it because other person said they loved her and she felt an obligation to say it back. They looked at her expecting her to repeat the sentiment, like if she didn't repeat it they'd be mad.

But when JJ told her the first time she was a little off her head with everything that was happening, then he said it again the night of her slight meltdown he said it in a way that it was clear he didn't expect her to say it back.

It almost looked like he didn't want her to say it back.

It looked like he just needed her to know, like he needed to get it off his chest.

Just like the kisses they shared JJ would remind her he loved her, every so often he'd slip it in. Usually before bed when he was saying goodnight he'd tack on an I love you.

Every since her father died they didn't really spend time apart from each other, they didn't share all the same classes so they'd wouldn't be together for that. But beyond that it was pretty much them 24/7 and had been for months.

Neither of them were sick of it.

JJ still loved seeing Otto when she woke up in the morning all dazed and confused for a few seconds, he loved seeing the concentration on her face when she cooked, he loved how excited she got for shitty reality TV shows and Grey's Anatomy. But, more than anything loved watching her with Freddie.

He didn't want another baby with her because she didn't want another one. But if she did want another one he really wouldn't opposed to the idea, not at all.

Otto loved it when JJ fell asleep running his hands through her hair, contrary to popular belief she didn't fall asleep every time someone did it. Although the success rate was very high. She also loved watching him trying to figure out how a hoover worked or other common items, she loved when he pretended to be interested in the TV shows she liked, she loved watching his awful gardening skills that her mother paid him a ridiculous amount of money for. But she too loved watching him with Freddie more than anything.

She still would rather be shot in the head than have another baby. She really thought she was dying.

"You go have a shower, I've got Freddie and I can make dinner." She smiled at him, his arms were already wrapped around her front, his chin perched on her shoulder.

"Is this your way of saying I stink?"

"If you stunk I would just tell you that. I'm not the type to beat around the bush. I'm telling you to go have a shower because you barely ever have time to yourself, it's always a painfully efficient shower. Maybe you could have a bath, they're fun. So just go, relax."