07| Win the race like a white man would

The race finally began with a bustle, engines roaring to life with the fierce look of racers scattering all over the track

The countdown started with each number decreasing and my heart grew less steady.

5...
Believe.

4...
Retrieve.

3...
Survive.

2...
Strike.

1...
Win.

Win this race like a white man playing bingo would.

The flags finally rose as a sharp whistle screeched in the air, the crowd cheering for their favoured teams with enthusiasm in their lungs.

Thick rubber wheels dragged across the racing track, the smell of burnt rubber reaching my nose.

How good it felt to be back where I belong.
The chaos between merciless racers who would run over anyone in their way.

As much as it sounded villainous it was refreshing and rebellious in our ways. I found it my way to deal with life, skilful indeed.

As I increased the speed Jungkook's black ride was visible next to me, I shot him a small salute but in return, my car was rammed into a metal railing, sparks of fire igniting at the bonnet of my car. The side mirror seemed broken.

I quickly slow the speed cautiously without any more damage, slowing down to a lap behind.

How could he-
Was it his plan all along?

Jungkook misled me. What was the next game he might play with me? I was naive enough to fall for it.
But not for long.

Watch your back, Jeon.

I speed up to the maximum speed, finding my way between two cars and overtaking them as they crash into each other. Finally making up for the lost lap that left me behind.

Back at my speed behind Jungkook's car, I stay steady, every trick I would throw on him he would see it coming. That was until...

His tire punchers as it loses its balance and he slows down towards the designated pit stop leaving me to win back what was mine.

'And this race's winner is KIM Y/N,!'

I bow deeply at the audience cheering, grabbing my helmet to take my leave and congratulate Jungkook as well. Even though he had an inconvenience, he managed to win 2nd place, Alex running up as 3rd winner.

Catching a look at my wrist watch I start to rush in between the crowd, pushing away as the reporters try chasing me.

Well, good luck with that.

Just then a bunch of brown hair swoops past my view, that seemed like Jungkook rushing to the rooftop. But why?

I made my way up the stairs following as quietly as I could, knocking on the divider twice before stepping in to find his back facing me and a cloud of smoke surrounding his face.

"Jungkook...are you smoking?!" I stutter, "that's not like you."

"Why are you here?"
"I wanted to talk. Well done though, it was a great match."
"Go away Y/n."
"Why?"

No answer.
Pure silence took place with low breaths of puffing the contagious and foul air that he blew out of the cigar. Jungkook never turned to glance at me. Hell, he ignored me in any way possible.

"Talk to me, Jungkook," I whispered.
"Go. Fucking. Away."

"I won't!" I stuck to the ground, stamping my foot in annoyance, whirling around at the sound of low claps and snickers followed by a group of familiar people.

"Sweetie, when someone asks you to leave then you leave and not wag your tail like a slut. Mhm?" Alex grinned sarcastically, pushing me aside as I crashed into his groupies who weirdly tried getting a hold of me. They almost tried touching me.

A shiver ran down my spine, all I wanted to do was leave, but not without Jungkook under such bad influence.

I stay right there waiting for him to turn, look at me and walk away from those foul people. He never did...

"Guys, you all were right. A slut never learns." He says and then takes another puff out of his lowly lit cigar.

A slut?

"So am I just a slut to you after all?" I stutter, trying to word my thoughts straight. "Just a slut..." tears blurred at the corner of my eyes, his back that faced me with pride slowly growing haze. The cry that stopped at the pit of my throat came out as a silent sob.

"Why Jungkook...? Why."