13 - worth a shot

Monday, September 19th

I wake up to find my head rested on something stiff. I feel around to find my pillow, but all I feel is soft ridges underneath fabric. My eyes blink open and I catch a glimpse of a white button-up shirt.

My eyes fly open, and I sit up quickly. "Oh shit," I whisper.

Dawson slowly sits up on the bed and runs his fingers through his hair to smooth it back out of his eyes.

He looks at me and smiles, blessing me bright and early with his dimples. "Good morning." He's definitely cooled off from last night.

I mumble a 'morning' back.

"I didn't want to move and wake you up," Dawson says softly.

"Thanks..."

That's kind of... sweet.

I press my lips together before asking, "We didn't do anything right-"

He shakes his head. "No, Darling. We didn't."

A sigh of relief leaves my mouth, and I slowly slide off of the bed. "Why am I still here?"

"You fell asleep on my bed when I left the room, you must've been tired." He gets off the bed after me.

I nod slowly, trying to recollect what happened before falling asleep. "Ah, yeah..."

He turns to grab a glass of water from the bedside table. "Are we able to meet your friend today?" he says, raising the glass to his lips.

I admire his back. "I can make it happen."

He lowers the glass and places it back down on the table. "Why don't you go and shower then? Just tell me when we can go, alright?"

I tell him 'okay' before turning to the door and opening it to leave. I peek around in the hall to check if anyone is watching, then I slip through the doorway and across the hall to my room. I quickly enter my room and shut the door behind myself.

I quickly begin to strip the expensive clothes off myself and remove the accessories as well. It's not long before I open the bathroom door, stepping in and letting my feet feel the cold floor. I get into the shower, turning on the hot water at the same time.

I tilt my head up to let it drown me, not literally.

Obviously.