06, Group Project Continued

SIX: Group Project Continued

Hard work sometimes requires more than just yourself

And maybe then you could learn from someone else. 

CHEYENNE AMORE MARTIN

I nodded, Austin always gave me an unexplainable look like he was keeping the image of me. 

"Yeah, I do too actually. I had a D in math last semester." Eduadro said leaning back into his chair looking pretty embarrassed so there was no doubt in my mind he was lying. 

 I could handle tutoring two people, plus I wanted to meet new people.

I nodded again and picked up my glue I hid from the mob of women who took our printer, and everything else with it and my only picture I had and glued it.

A blonde girl with a side part came into view, she wore the St. Channing uniform so she was a student, just someone I haven't seen before. "Hey Austin, could I use this real quick?" She took the glue off the table. I know she saw me with it, why didn't she ask me?

He didn't give her a glance, just nodded and let out a small "Sure, Khoe." and she took it. What did she gain by taking the last thing we had to even do the project.

"Cheyenne, you want to be an actor?" Abayomi said to me in a grossed out tone, as I was piecing everything together.  I could tell she was showing out because Austin was here But I could really care less.

At this point everyone was.

I didn't see how Abayomi thought I wanted to be an actor, the picture I had on my vision board was a clear view of cameras that was recording two people in a pool as if they were in a romance movie. 

I thought it was a clear sign that I wanted to be a director.

Austin was totally oblivious to the fact that half of the class was trying to get in his face by asking for our glue, tape or to see our projects. Nobody could get anything done. I only had one picture on my piece of cardboard. I could hear Dominic laughing at me from the other side of the room.

Dominic could see how mad I was, some girl took the glue right out my hand.

"We all know Law & Order SVU beats whatever funky cases Criminal Minds has." Eduardo said, putting his hands up like he just finished his agreement as Junior rolled his eyes. 

All I know is Elliot and Spencer were the most attractive men I laid my sorry eyes on. But both shows are fairly good on an equal scale. But we were running out of things to talk about, the project is simple. I would hate to go to a library just to do this. 

"Whatever, when is Jenna going to come back with the printer?" Junior asked, rubbing his eyebrows, looking stressed. Everyone at the table was growing gray hairs because we couldn't start our project.

"What's the use of a printer when Megan took our laptop?" Eduardo took a glance at everyones blank board. 

We got a computer to share, a large piece of cardboard, a portable printer, glue, tape, and printing paper.

We had nothing left, every woman in the room 'ran out' of something that left us with nothing to start or finish. Austin didn't think twice about it. He sat there on his phone glancing every once in a while at us doing nothing.

I just now figured out that Abayomi was weird around men, acting funny but I didn't care. She started to rub up on his arm asking him questions about himself.