08, Sneaky Links & Throwing Punches Like Dogdeballs

ENTERING ACT TWO 

EIGHT : SNEAKY LINKS AND THROWING PUNCHES LIKE DODGEBALLS 

" Keep smiling, keep shining

Knowing you can always count on me, for sure

That's what friends are for

For good times and bad times"

-Stevie Wonder

AUSTIN M. CHANNING

It's already next week and that project that Mrs. Falls had assigned due dates was right around the corner and my board was still blank.

It was an easy project to do. I just wanted to do it with Cheyenne. She did not buy that I was having trouble with Civics. I passed the paper she gave me with flying colors so, naturally I lied again.

"You passed." She looked at me with shock all over her pretty face. I watched as she put the paper in a file and looked at me again.

"I can do the work." I started to play with my fingers to really sell it. "I just have a problem with  procrastination. I'll turn in my homework weeks later for example." 

"Oh, you should have told me that, we could work on class work weekly if we have too, I don't have anyone else to tutor." She told me as she put all her papers back. That was the longest sentence she ever spoke to me since I meant her. 

"I'll text you." Cheyenne looked at me with her lovely brown eyes and spoke with her attractive ass voice. 

There was no doubt I was whipped as she was walking away. I blurted out "You wouldn't mind if I walked you, would you?" 

"Sure." Cheyenne packed up and started walking to the door. 

The walk back to the dormitory was quiet, I would have loved to start a conversation but she was wearing airpods, but that was not going to stop me. Despite talking to each other through text for two days, I could tell talking in person was not something that she did.

Right as we turned the next street corner I started to hear a familiar tune coming from her airpods. I started to hum to the song until I realized what was playing and why it was so familiar. Me and Cheyenne had a list of things we had in common but now I can add Music. 

She was listening to 'Put Your Head On My Shoulder' By Paul Anka.

"I love that song!" I exclaim as a few cars ride past us, with Cheyenne I had to be the 'talkative' one even though I almost never started conversations with other people including Lucky but, I'll make an exception. 

I watched as the smile grew on her face. "If you like this then you will love Stevie wonder." She took one of her airpods out and gave it to me. I continued to walk while listening to her playlist full of great music. 

I went back to my dorm with a smile on my face.

"You came right before the dorm curfew." Lucky said sitting on a chair pulling the string of a lamp light as I closed the door behind me.