10, Invitation

Ten: Invitation 

Feelings that come back are feelings that never left.

-Frank Ocean 

CHEYENNE MARTIN

"Cheyenne?" 

"Cheyenne?" 

Cheyenne's honey brown eyes stared at the person who had called her name, which was Eduadro today was the presentation day for the projects before entering phase two of whatever Mrs. Falls had planned. 

Cheyenne nodded her head in acknowledgement. 

Cheyenne had gotten flashbacks before but she just likes to call them time slips so they could be easily ignored.

"You zoned out, that's all." Eduadro then continued the conversation with the other people in her group.

Cheyenne had taken at least a few days of school, it was embarrassing Austin had seen her at her lowest point. Everytime he looked at her his memory was engraved with that movement in time. 

And Cheyenne was so tired of that so she was going to do what Mrs. Lee had suggested the day prior. She started seeing Mrs. Lee and she was very comforting to Cheyenne and always talked about the two boys she had. 

"Well based on what you told me you should try stepping out of your shell." Dr. Lee exclaimed, not knowing about Cheyenne's outburst just a few days ago. 

"How will that help?" Cheyenne really wanted to know what was going on in this white lady's head. She had just spilled out all her insecurities about her voice and she told her to keep speaking?

"Well based on what you told me," Dr. Lee started to fix her posture in her chair "You didn't use your voice enough and that is why you think you sound bad but really you sound like anyone else you hear on a daily basis. I don't know what caused you to go mute but it shouldn't affect you anymore."

"I will then." Cheyenne knew their hour session was up and was ready to go and she really did think about what she said. Maybe her mind was playing tricks on her, making her believe that her voice sounded bad. 

And Cheyenne was going to take her advice. 

"Cheyenne!" Someone had yelled across the classroom. 

 Cheyenne looked for  the voice snapping her out of zoning out for the second time she had glanced over to a guy she knew only as Johnson, no first name. 

"I saw the moon yesterday, it reminded me of you! I fucking need you in my life honey!" Some guy, well Johnson said to her. It was kind of weird knowing that someone thought of her while looking at the moon.

Some of her classmates laughed but she couldn't see what was funny. 

Cheyenne thought he probably needed something from her so we walked over. "Yes, Johnson?"