Meeting LA

As Maya tried to get into the airport, she had to push her way through crowds of people exiting. These people mainly consisted of excited tourists, ready to see as much of Hollywood as they can while on their weeklong vacations. If only they truly knew how brutal the city was for those trying to make a living here. Maya pushed that thought aside and continued to search for the group of four teenage boys with a woman and young girl that her dad sent her to pick up.

Yes, her dad: Gustavo Rocque. Maya and her dad got along very well and would do anything for each other, so when he asked her to help acclimate "the dogs" to Hollywood and the Palm Woods, she couldn't say no.

That's how Maya ended up standing in front of the people from Minnesota that were already looking around the airport with bright eyes and high hopes. She was going to hate to watch this city crush that light and hope in their hearts.

Maya has been trying to get into the acting game for years now. She has been extremely unsuccessful. Now, one may wonder why it was hard for the daughter of Gustavo Rocque to become a famous actress but that is because she wants to make a name for herself, on her own. Therefore, whenever she auditions, she uses the name Rowan Heart and wears a deep purple wig. And while it would be much easier for her to just tell the casting directors who she really was, she wants to make it big because of her own talent, not her father's name.

"Hey, are you guys Kendall, James, Logan, and Carlos?" Maya asked the four boys she approached.

"Hello, beautiful. I'm James," he introduced, grabbing her hand, "What's your name?"

"I'm Maya Rocque, your boss's daughter," Maya answered, unamused. However, she didn't notice the slight change in mood from one of the boys standing behind James.

Kendall had been staring at the girl ever since he saw her walking closer to them from the other side of the airport. She was gorgeous and carried herself with a silent confidence that he found attractive. He was very excited to get to know her more but definitely disappointed that she ended up being his boss's daughter.

"Hi Maya," Kendall intervened, "I'm Kendall and this is Carlos and Logan," the boys waved, "and this is my mom and my little sister, Katie."

"It's so nice to meet you all," Maya said, "My dad sent me to pick you guys up from the airport and give you a tour around the Palm Woods, where you'll be living."

"Do you live there too?" Carlos asked.

"Sadly, no. I still live with my dad in his mansion. The Palm Woods is home to the future famous, so you need to be active in the industry in order to live there. I hope to end up there someday, though."

"Are you a singer too, then?" James asked.

"No. I'm pursuing acting. My dad was a little upset I didn't fall in love with music like he did, but I just love acting too much."

"Have we seen you in anything?" Logan asked.

"Not a thing, unfortunately," Maya frowned but quickly shook it off, "But that's not what I'm here to talk about. I'm here to talk about you guys! So follow me outside, and feel free to ask any questions."

The boys immediately bombarded Maya with questions about Hollywood, the hot spots, and if her dad was always that scary. However, the questions stopped when they saw the two limos waiting for them.

"Are those for us?" Carlos asked, excited.

Maya giggled and answered, "Yeah. Why don't you boys go in one and us girls will take the other?"

Maya didn't have to ask twice as she watched the boys sprint to one of the limos and push each other to be the first to get in.

"Are they always like this?" Maya asked.