Closer

Maya was currently hanging out with Camille when Andrew called. Camille had to rehearse for an audition, so Maya said goodbye and answered the phone.

"Hey Andy!" Maya greeted him, "How are you?"

"Maya, I hate Andy," Andrew whined.

"But I love nicknames! You have to have one."

"Can't you just call me Drew or even A?"

"First of all, it doesn't work if you pick the nickname, and secondly, have you never seen Pretty Little Liars? I am most definitely not calling you A." 

Andrew laughed, "Okay, whatever you like, babe."

Maya smiled, "How's the mentoring going?"

"It's great. These kids are so cute. This one little boy walked up to me with a guitar that was twice his size. He could barely carry the thing."

"Sounds adorable."

"There's a few kids here that have a lot of potential, though."

"Good for them. Help them chase their dreams."

"Of course, but I gotta run now. It's almost time for lunch. Miss you."

"Miss you too, bye!"

As Maya hung up, Kendall was pushed forward by Katie who had told him that he needed to stop spying on Maya and just ask her out already, even if she had a boyfriend.

"Hey, K," Maya greeted him, "What's up?"

"I have the day off, and I thought maybe we could hang out?" Kendall asked.

"Well, I was about to get ice cream before I read over some lines for an audition if you want to come."

"Yes. What's your favorite flavor?"

"Cinnamon bun for sure."

"What kind of flavor is cinnamon bun?"

"The best kind. What's your favorite?"

"Fudge brownie."

"That's so unoriginal."

"Cinnamon bun is just weird."

"At least it's unique!"

The two continued to playfully argue all the way to the ice cream stand.

***

After the ice creams were gone and the two had made their way back to the Palm Woods pool, Maya began to read over her lines for an audition that she had in about 2 weeks. It was for a Disney show called Girl Meets World, and she was auditioning for the role of Maya Hart. Maya wanted to be as prepared as possible, so she sat down and scanned the script that she had been sent for the audition. Kendall had run off somewhere but said he would be back soon, so Maya just spent the time prepping. 

After about 15 minutes, Kendall came back to the table with two orders of sandwiches and fries.

"I know we just had ice cream, but that is not a real lunch," Kendall said as he placed the sandwich in front of her, "And I know how much you want to prepare for this audition, but you need to eat. Besides, you're gonna crush it anyway."

Maya smiled at the thoughtfulness and compliment, "Thank you, K. I really appreciate it."

"What are you auditioning for anyways?" Kendall asked as he took a bite of his sandwich.

"It's a Disney show called Girl Meets World," Maya answered as she popped a fry in her mouth, "I'm auditioning for Maya Hart, best friend of the main character. Maya is the bad girl. She's sassy and independent and extremely caring for her best friend. I think she'd be a really fun character to play, and I really hope I get it."