Star Quality

"You're not invited," Maya heard Gustavo tell the boys as she walked into the practice room that was currently being turned into where the party would be held.

"What? Why?" All the boys asked.

"First, hey sweetheart," Gustavo hugged Maya.

"Hey dad," Maya greeted him.

Maya was currently extremely jittery. She was dressed in the outfit she had bought for her audition, had been reading over her lines all morning, and had her purple wig in her bag. It was audition day.

"Don't be nervous, Maya," Gustavo told her, "You're going to be great. You've been rehearsing nonstop."

"Yeah My," Kendall said, "You're going to rock this audition."

All the boys chimed in, agreeing with Kendall.

"Thank you guys," Maya smiled at them. "I just really want this role. I hope it's finally my time to shine, you know?"

"I'm so proud of you for doing this on your own," Gustavo admitted, "Most people would just want their famous father to call and get them a role, but it's going to be so worth it to know you did it yourself."

Maya nodded, "Well, good luck with the party, dad. I've got to go. Don't want to be late!"

"Break a leg, Maya!" the boys all called to her as she rushed out the back door and into the cab that would take her to her audition. 

Maya, then, put the purple wig on, making sure that none of her brown hair was sticking out. She spent the rest of the cab ride making sure that she knew her lines and got into character, as both Rowan Heart and Maya Hart. 

15 minutes later, the cab pulled up to the studio. Maya paid the driver and rushed into the studio. She opened the door and was overwhelmed by the amount of people there. She didn't expect this many people since everyone had to send in a video submission of themselves, so she expected the competition to have been cut down a lot by that. 

Maya took a deep breath and walked forward to a woman sitting at the desk.

"Hello," Maya started, "I'm here for the audition."

"Name," the woman said.

"Rowan Heart."

"Desired role?"

"Maya Hart."

"Alright," the woman handed her a number, "Put this somewhere visible and wait for your number to be called."

Maya nodded and went and sat. She pulled out the script again, rereading constantly to make sure she was ready. As she finished her 3rd time through the scene, she felt her phone buzz.

Hey baby. Good luck today! I can't wait to see you when I come home tomorrow. You're amazing.

-Your Andrew

Maya smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes. She wished that Andrew could have been present for the audition process. Maya lifted her head to see all of the other kids with either their mom, dad, or a partner. She was the only one alone. Of course, she wasn't mad at her dad because, if he was here, that would defeat the whole purpose of making it on her own. She wasn't necessarily mad at Andrew either since he was making his own dreams come true, but this text was the first way he had shown any sort of support to her in the past two weeks she spent worrying about this audition. 

Maya shook her head, not wanting to be upset right now. She was about to read over the scene for the 4th time when a blonde sat next to her. 

Maya looked up and smiled at her, causing the blonde to smile back.