chapter 2

a/n - SCHOOL IS OVER! WOO
PLUS
I GOT A NEW PHONE, LIFE IS GREAT

y/n's POV
I stood on the side, as I watched people start to dance.

"¿Quieres bailar, hermosa? (Do you want to dance beautiful?)" I turned to face Camilo.
"Sabes que no puedo bailar... (you know i can't dance...)" I said, crossing my arms.
"Yo guiaré; Vamos, ¿bonita, por favor? (I will guide; Come on, pretty, please?)" He asked, putting his hands together and pouting.

I sighed. 

"Bien (fine)" I said.
He cheered silently, and grabbed my hand, dragging me to the dance floor.

He spun me gently and started swaying us back and forth.

"You know, hermosa, you're really not that bad at dancing" he said with a small smile, spinning me around again.

I rolled my eyes.

"Yea, because I'm not technically dancing, you're doing everything here" I said with a small smile.

He threw his head back and laughed.

I smiled.

"I suppose, but you're still not that bad sinsonte" he said with a lazy smirk.

I laughed softly.

I was about to reply, but the door burst open and Mirabel came in shouting.

"The house is in danger, the house is in danger!" she said out of breath.
"The tiles were falling and there were cracks everywhere, and the candle almost went out" she said, with a fear stricken expression.

My eyes went wide and I felt a knot form in my stomach.
I felt Camilo grab my hand and squeeze it tightly.
I glanced at him, and he was looking straight ahead, panic glimmering in his hazel eyes.

"Show me" Abuela Alma said, following her outside.

We all walked outside, but as we stepped out of the room the house looked...fine.

"No, no, no" I heard Mirabel mumble.
She turned back to look at us.

"Abuela I promise-" but Abuela put her hand up to silence her.
"That's enough" Abuela turned back to the crowd.

"There is nothing wrong with La Casa Madrigal and Pérez, the magic is strong!" she said enthusiastically "and so are the drinks" the adults laughed but I didn't find this funny.

As everyone left, I ran down the stairs to my best friend, dragging Camilo behind me.

"Y/n, I swear I didn't-" I cut her off by trapping her in a hug.
"I know, I believe you" I said, as I felt her grip onto me for dear life.
I let her go and we looked back at Camilo, who stated at Mirabel.

"I believe you; you wouldn't ruin Antonio's night on purpose" he said, glancing at me briskly, before looking back at Mira.

"Thanks guys" Mirabel said, wiping the tears that were forming in her eyes.

"Hey, it's what best friends are for, right?" I said with a wink.

She laughed softly.

"Yea..." she said, looking down at the cut on her hand.
"Go in the kitchen, I saw tía Julietta going in there earlier" Camilo said, and joking tone gone from his voice.

Mirabel nodded and left.

I turned to face the Madrigal boy.

"¿Estás bien? (You ok?)" I asked, walking closer to him.
"Sí, ¿por qué no lo estaría? (Yeah, why wouldn't I be?)" he replied, seemingly forcing a smile on his face.
I hummed, but I wasn't convinced.

I looked back at Antonio's new room.
"I don't feel like partying any more, do you?" he shok his head 'no'.
"Wanna go on the roof and watch the stars?" he asked, a small smile playing on his lips.
I went to reply but I was cut off by a yawn.

He laughed quietly.

"Never mind, I see you need your beauty sleep, maybe another time" he said with a laugh.
I huffed and flicked his forehead.
"Don't treat me like a child, idiota" I said, with fake annoyance.

"Whatever you say sinsonte" he said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes.

We stood there in silence until I stepped closer to him.

"Buenas noches Camilo" I said, placing a soft kiss on his cheek.

He didn't reply, and instead stood there, frozen, only lifting his hand up to touch the spot I'd kissed.

I smiled to myself as I walked up the stairs and into my room, feeling his eyes never leaving me.