chapter 3

a/n - I'm leaving for the beach 4 two weeks on Monday so like, updates will come and go

Camilo's POV (AHA bet u weren't expecting this plot twist😏)
She kissed my cheek.
HOLY SHIT SHE KISSED MY CHEEK-
Ok Camilo, calm down everything is fine- EVERYTHING IS NOT FINE, THE GIRL I HAVE A CRUSH ON JUST KISSED MY FUCKING CHEEK YO WHAT THE FUCK-

I stood in the middle of the Casita, frozen like a love struck idiot.
Which, to put it simply, is what I am.

Mirabel walked out of kitchen and towards me.
"You ok Camilo?" she asked, staring at me.

I turned to look at her.

"She kissed my cheek" I said quietly.
Mirabel looked shocked for a second before her face contorted into a smirk.
"What?" I asked, kinda of snappy.
"Oh nothing" she said, starting to walk away.

"Just...CAMILO IS IN LOVE WITH Y/N!" and after shouting that loud enough for the whole village to hear, she bolted away and up to her room.
"WHY YOU LITTLE-" I said, chasing after her and banging on the door of the nursery after she ran in a locked it.

I heard her laugh from the otherside of the door.
I frowned.
"Bitch!" I shouted to the other side of the door and left for my room, hearing her laugh harder.

I clenched my jaw and crossed my arms, my face heating up.

I lay in bed that night, unable to fall asleep, the moment replaying in my mind over and over again.

"What if she actually likes me?" I said quietly to myself.
A small formed on my face.
I sighed, turning over.

"What have you done to me, Y/n Pérez?"

- time skip to the morning -

Y/n's POV
I woke up the next morning in a panic frenzy.

Why did you do that you idiot? What is he gonna say!? DIOS MIO WHAT IF HE FIGURES OUT I LIKE HIM, WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME WHY DID I DO THAT

"Y/n, it's breakfast time, come on hurry up" I heard my brother from outised the door.

I'm fucked

"Coming" I called back weakly.

I slowly made my way down the stairs, the casita turning them into a slide to hurry me up.

I grabbed a plate and walked towards the table, seeing Dolores putting arepas in her plate.

Boy was I glad it wasn't Camilo.

I walked towards her and filled my plate with food.

"Buenos dias Dolores" I said, standing next to her.

However she didn't say anything.

"Dolores, you o- your Camilo aren't you?" I said, raising an eyebrow.

"SHH" he said, looking around to see if anyone heard.
"I gotta do what I gotta do to get food" he said in a serious tone.

I snorted.

"Alright then" I said leaving to go sit down.

I saw Mirabel go up to him, thinking he was Dolores and I watched in amusement as tío Felix walked up to him, telling him to stop.

He said something I didn't hear and the casita tried to hit him with the window, but he dodged it, then it tried a second time, which he missed by an inch and then came to sit next to me.

"What did Mirabel ask you?" I said, taking a bite of my food.
"Not a clue, she was talking really fast...I think she said something about the magic and how Dolores is her favourite older cousin" he said rolling his eyes.

I laughed quietly.

Everyone sat down and Abuela started with her announcement.

"We are all thankful for Antonio's wonderful new...gift" she went to sit down but a bunch of raccoons jumped off her seat.
"I told them to warm up you seat" Antonio said innocently, and I had to hold back a laugh.

"Thank you, Toñito" she said, sitting down.
"I’m sure today we’ll find a way to put your blessings to good use" Abuela said, as I took a bit of the arepa on my plate.

"You do!" I heard Mirabel shout which was followed but her banging her fist on the table.

We all turned to look at her.

"Mirabel!" Abuela said, with slight anger in her voice "If you can’t pay attention, I will help you" Mirabel looked at her uncertainly.

"Oh, actually-" Abuela cut her off "Casita" she said, clapping her hands together.

Mirabel's seat moved right next to Abuela and she continued.

"As I was saying, we must never take our miracle for granted, so today we will work twice as hard" Mirabel pushed her chair back.
"Mm-hmm. I will help Luisa!" I stared at her as the chair was pushed back.

"But first an announcement" Abuela said, standing up and walking towards us.

"I’ve spoken to the Guzmáns about Mariano’s proposal to Isabela; Dolores, do we have a date?" Dolores looked annoyed as she extended her ear to hear them.

"Tonight. He wants five babies" she said, giving Isabela a side eye.

A bunch of pink flowers grew on top of Isa's hair and she looked shocked.

"Wonderful!" Abuela said, grabbing Isabela's shoulders, picking a white flower out of her hair

"Such a fine young man with our perfect Isabela will bring a new generation of magical blessings and make both of our families stronger" as Abuela walked around and said this, Camilo shapeshifted into Mariano and made kissy faces to Isabela, who threw flowers in his face, which made him shift back.

I laughed quietly.

"Hey" he said with a small pout, facing me.

"Okay. Our community is counting on us" Abuela, walking back to the head of the table next to my Abuela.
"La Familia Madrigal & Pérez!" we all said together and left for our chores.

"Hey sinsonte, wait up!"