chapter 5

a/n - I never understood how time worked in this scene bc its a dinner but then the house breaks and then they look 4 Mirabel and BOOM its daytime again
So I'm gonna make it where they look for Mirabel for an entire night, yea?
ALSO HERE'S YOUR DAILY CAMILO PICTURE

a/n - I never understood how time worked in this scene bc its a dinner but then the house breaks and then they look 4 Mirabel and BOOM its daytime again So I'm gonna make it where they look for Mirabel for an entire night, yea?ALSO HERE'S YOUR DAI...

Feel free to simp

y/n's POV
I watched in silence as Abuela shouted at the villagers.
"The magic is strong! Everything is fine! We are the Madrigals & Pérezes!" she said, slamming the door shut in their face.

"Mirabel!" she called angrily.
She glanced at me.
"You" she said, with her lizard finger pointing at me "get Camilo and find her; now" she said sternly, before walking away from me.

I sighed softly, leaning backward against the cabinet in the doorway.

"Ow!" I yelped, moving away from the cabinet after it shocked me.

I stared at my fingertips, then glanced back at the candle.

"What's wrong casita?" I whispered to myself.

I walked up the stairs into my room, not wanting to be a part of anything.

I lay on my bed and stared at the ceiling.

I heard on the door.

"Come in!" I called, not caring who it was.
"Hey sinsonte, ¿estás bien?(you ok?)" he asked, sitting at the end of my bed.

I glanced at him.
His hair looked like he had just been shocked and his hazel eyes were glowing under the light in my room.

I sighed and looked back at ceiling.
"No estoy asustada; si la casita se rompe y perdemos nuestros poderes, ¿qué vamos a hacer? (No, I'm scared; if the casita breaks, and we lose our powers, what are we gonna do?)" I asked, lifting my head up to stared at him.

"Vamos a perder nuestro hogar(We'll lose our home)" I said, my voice cracking, as I felt tears prick the corners of my eyes.

"Y todos nos van a odiar, porque ya no podemos ayudar al pueblo; estarán decepcionados(And everyone is going to hate us, because we can't help the town anymore; they'll be disappointed)" I said quietly, feeling the hot tears start to flow down my face.

Camilo opened his arms for me and I flung myself at him, clinging onto him and sobbing into his chest.

I'm pretty sure I was ruining his ruana, but at the minute, he didn't seem to mind.

"It's ok sinsonte, everything will be ok, I promise, I'm right here, ok?" he said softly in my ears, running his hand through my hair to calm me down.

I sobbed softly into his shirt, as he whispered sweet nothings into my ear and stroked my hair.

And even after I stopped crying, we stayed in the same position.

"Wanna go down? Maybe they found Mirabel" he said.
"Yea, maybe we should go down" I said softly.
I peeled myself off of him and stared at his ruana.

There was a wet blotch in the middle of it.

"Sorry" I mumbled with a small smile.
He stared down at it and glanced at me, giving me a smile.

"Eh, it's fine; worth it to see that pretty smile of yours" he said with a wink.

I felt my face heat up and looked down, smiling softly.

He stood up and extended his hand for me to take it.

I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up.

"El último en bajar las escaleras es un burro~(Last one down stairs is a donkey~)" I said, bolting out of my room.

"¡Oye, no es justo! (Hey, no fair!)" I heard hims shout behind me.

I laughed.

As we raced down the corridor, I saw Isabela and Mirabel dancing on the roof, looking happy.
There were cactuses all around them and they were singing.

The swung from a vine and landed in a pile of flower petals in the middle of the casita.

They laughed and I heard Isabela say "You're a bad influence" just as we reached the bottom of the stairs.

"What is going on!?" we turned to look at furious-looking Abuela, and Isa shot up, looking apologetic and terrified.
"Abuela! It’s okay! Everything’s...We’re gonna save the miracle. The magic…" Mirabel started saying, as the rest of us stood to the side, watching.

"What are you talking about? Look at our home! Look at your sister!" Abuela said, waving her arms around.

"Please just… Isabela wasn’t happy-" Abuela cut Mirabel off again "Of course she isn’t happy. You ruined her proposal!" Abuela said, pointing an accusing finger at her.

I was starting to grow annoyed, and Camilo, seemingly sensing this, grabbed my hand and stepped closer.

"No, no, no. She needed me to ruin her proposal! And then we did all this!" Mirabel said, waving her hands around.

"And the candle burned brighter and the cracks…" "Mirabel" "That’s why I’m in the vision! I’m saving the miracle!" Mirabel finished her rambling and looked at Abuela with a hopeful smile.
"You have to stop, Mirabel! The cracks started with you. Bruno left because of you." the cracks started to form on the floor, and I gripped Camilo's hand tighter.
"Luisa’s losing her powers. Isabela’s out of control. Because of you! I don’t know why you weren’t given a Gift, but it is not an excuse for you to hurt this family!" Abuela stated furiously.

I watched as Mirabel's smile fell and she faltered.

The cracking grew louder, and Camilo pulled me closer, in attempt to calm me down.

"I will never be good enough for you, will I? No matter how hard I try. No matter how hard any of us tries. Luisa will never be strong enough. Isabela won’t be perfect enough. Bruno left our family because you only saw the worst in him." "Bruno didn’t care about this family-" "He loves this family!" Mirabel shouted, stepping closer to Abuela.

"I love this family. We all love this family" she said, staring Abuela down.
"You’re the one that doesn’t care" everyone else in the hosie had gathered around to watch, as my best friend slayed.

"Don't you ever-" Abuela started, but Mirabel cut her off "The miracle is dying, because of you!" Mirabel finished, pointing at Abuela.

I cried out, as the cracks on the floor grew bigger.
"No, no, no! The candle!" tio Félix shouted.

The candle flickered.

"Casita, get me up there!" Mirabel said, climbing the stairs it made for her.

Both Isabela and Camilo shot in chase for the candle using their powers.

"Camilo!" I watched as he fell, his power failing him.

Luckily casita stopped his fall.

"We have to get out of here!" someone shouted.

I watched as my best friend grabbed the candle and just then, tío Bruno's tower started collapsing.

3rd person POV
"MIRABEL!" y/n shouted, terrified for her best friend's safety

Using every last ounce of energy left in her body, she concentrated on the tower falling, stopping in and making it float midair.

Everyone watched in shock, her eyes glowing bright blue (like Bruno but blue) as she struggled to hold it up, her gift slowly fading.

Another wall fell, finally crushing her door extinguishing her power completely.

Her eyes went back to y/e/c and she swayed, side to side, feeling her legs give in, before everything went dark.