The Party (MF)

Warning  - love confession from boyfriend's rival, cheating on said boyfriend (the boyfriend cheated first)

If it weren't for the rowdy group of teenagers lounging in the front yard, the thought of this rundown house being the site of a high school party wouldn't have crossed my mind. Well, maybe this makes sense since teenagers will party wherever there's alcohol and drugs.

I'm not a fan of those, but I can't say the same for my boyfriend, whose presence is a significant stable at parties. I wouldn't have been here if not for the fact that he holds my phone in his possession.

Weaving my way through the mingling crowd of sweaty bodies towards the sound of the peak of the party, where I'm guessing is where my boyfriend will be. Squeezing through the hoard of people, I was suddenly stopped dead in my tracks as I witnessed my y/b/f inhale another woman's face.

He was so infatuated with her chest, so much so that he was oblivious to the cry that escaped my lips. Truth be told, I wouldn't even describe the thing between us as love. I'm not even sure if I like the damn guy. I was just so isolated from others that I clung to him as if he were my lifeline.

A voice cried out "Y/n wait!", as I was about to step over the threshold of the house. I don't care what my deadbeat "boyfriend" will say as a pathetic excuse, he's probably been doing this at parties since the dawn of time.

Instead of uttering a word, the speaker spun me around and slammed his lips against mine, pinning me against the wall.

"Oh my god, can't your mouth take a break, I'm honestly so surprised how your lips are still intact," I uttered, noting the lack of cheap beer on his breath. Catching a whiff of pine and cologne. Since when did my boyfriend wear cologne?

"Baby, I'm not who you think I am. Last I checked, your good-for-nothing partner is still groping my ex in front of me. As if he thinks that will make me jealous. Probably still pissed I kicked his ass during our last football match" The stranger muttered into my hair.

Fuck, this isn't my boyfriend.

"I guess this means you're up for the taking?" He questions

If this boy thinks I'm some cheap skank that would do anything to get in his pants, or some action in general, then he had better get his mind checked out.

"I'm not stooping down to his level, getting with his rival to make him jealous, when in reality, I don't give a rat's ass about what he thinks of me." I snapped back, storming out of the house.

"Y/n stop" He yelled, grabbing my hand and pulling me against his chest, taunt muscles flaunting. I take back what I said, is it so wrong to want something that feels so right?

"I don't want you because of my history with your boyfriend. In fact, the reason why your boyfriend and I have such a rough history is because of you." He said softly. He continued on ignoring my blatant display of confusion. "When I first laid my eyes on you, you absolutely took my breath away. I still remember the "Fuck the patriarchy" tee you wore as you wore your hair up in a matching red scrunchie. But as I walked over to strike up a conversation of you supporting the wrong team, your turned and diverted your attention to him." His lips curled up in distaste as he nodded in the direction of the party, no doubt who he was referring to. "I wished that it was me you were excited to see instead, but I shrugged it off since I thought you were in a happy relationship and didn't want to cause you harm, because, who would ever want to make you feel anything but joy?" He cradled my face and kissed my forehead tenderly. Gentler than any guy has ever been to me.

"When I was nursing a bottle of whiskey at a frat party, y/b/f came in drunk and high with a dozen half-naked women on his arms. That day onwards, I cut out all sort of alcohol and drugs, claiming you as mine, and making the asshole wish he was never born." He grounded out.

"I-, I don't know what to say" I whispered.

"It's fine. What'd you say, let's get some froyo instead? I'll drive" He smiled and swept me off my feet onto his motorbike.

(745 words)