The New World

"Oooooooh my head"

I woke up with the most uncomforting headache

"Anybody get the number of that truck?"

After a moment I slapped my cheeks and woke my self up completely.

"Ok now where was I, I was patrolling on 3rd and..."

I surveyed my surroundings.

"Wait, this doesn't look like Manhattan."

Everything looked just as bleak looking as New York, except without the snow and scattered the Christmas decorations. I could the distant gunfire, explosions and screams.

"I don't think I'm in Kansas anymore."

I checked my self to see I still had my equipment, my M4 Carbine, my Barretta, Combat knife, frag grenades, flashbangs, SHD Equipment, and Gas Mask.

"Ok I need to figure out where I am, ISAC."

ISAC: Verified Agent-

"ISAC location."

ISAC: Negative, disconnected from SHD network, unable to verify location.

"What functions do we have?"

ISAC: Standard equipment and shortrange area scan

"Better than nothing."

I looked at a tall building.

"That looks like a good place to start I'll survey the area from the roof."

I began making my way through the area, going from cover to cover making sure I would not expose myself to everything around me.

"Sounds like rioting everywhere, I better not expose myself. I don't have the ammo to fight this on my own."

I made it inside.

"ISAC, can you scan the building to see if anyone is here?"

ISAC: Scanning...One life sign detected.

"One? Location?"

ISAC: Unable to verify location.

"Damn, oh well I need to get to the roof."

I began making my way to the roof, scanning rooms. There was no contact anywhere. I made it up finally and took a look at my surroundings.

"Fires and explosions everywhere. It's like a twisted copy of Manhattan."

I took a step but the roof cracked around me. I fell through the floor below but I managed to stay on my feet.

"*Cough cough* Well that could have gone better."

ISAC: Life sign detected.

I looked around as the dust cleared and I could make out a capsule of some kind. I wiped off the dust to reveal a...