I Don't Remember

When you woke up, it was to the sound of coughing and quiet chattering. A strong, sanitized smell hit your senses, and your eyes were immediately assaulted by pale white light. Still, you forced yourself to open them, blinking drearily up at the ceiling. For a few moments, you were confused of where you were, but mostly just relaxed. And then an onslaught of memories battered your brain.

A woman playing violin. 

Four men, four men that you loved - suspended in the air, dying.

A bright (F/C) force field protecting them.

Blood seeping through your uniform.

A boy, running to you, happy.

A boy, panicking. Crying.

A man picking you up, the boy attempting to time travel, and finally, darkness.

You started to sit up, managing to push yourself into a sitting position, when three people approached you. Your eyesight, still slightly hazy, landed on the tallest of them.

"Diego?" you mumbled, mouth dry, as the man approached.

"Not quite," he said, and as your vision cleared, you realized it definitely wasn't your brother.

Diego. You picked the name over in your mind, wondering why you couldn't seem to remember it before. Why you couldn't remember any of your other sibling's names or faces. All you could think of were their blurry outlines, which infuriated you. You remembered everything else perfectly!

"So, you're awake, huh?" the man continued awkwardly, and you looked back up at him. It appeared that Five's plan had worked - you definitely weren't in 2019 anymore. The style was different. With a jolt, you realized you were in a hospital. Probably because of your stomach wound.

"Where are my siblings?" you asked after a moment, glancing around. "Are they all right? Were they hurt?"

The man glanced down at the two kids by his side - one was a pretty girl probably close to your age, or your body's age, anyway, and the other was a boy who looked to be about 17.

"Well, we found you... alone. Do you remember what happened?" the girl asked, stepping closer eagerly. She had long blond hair in two braids that rested on her shoulders, and her pale blue eyes searched your face for answers eagerly.

"Um... what do you mean, you found me?" you asked, changing the subject.

"You were in an alleyway," the boy interjected, walking beside the girl. He was good-looking, with a rich dark complexion and tightly coiled black hair. "Passed out and bleeding a lot."

"Oh," you said, blinking. "There was nobody... else?"

The girl shook her head and stuck out her hand.

"I'm Colleen, and this is Mark, my cousin. We were the ones that found you in the alleyway five days ago."

"Five days?" you burst, scrambling to sit on the edge of the bed and rubbing your forehead. "I need to find my siblings. I've... what's the date?" You looked up, searching Colleen's eyes urgently. "The exact date."

She hesitated, clearly confused.

"October 20th. Why?"

"What's the year?"

"1963. You must have hit your head pretty hard," she commented, eyeing you nervously. "Are you all right?"

You could only sit there in silence. 1963. You were all alone in some strange place, in a strange time period, without any of your siblings.