Not Fair

Luther's heavy footsteps echoed over the floor, and Five quickly turned back to face the mirror, clearing his throat and sliding his tie on.

"So, I found a way home," Five said as Luther stopped to fix his belt.

"What? How?!" Luther exclaimed, looking up. 

"All the details are irrelevant, but I made a deal to get back to our timeline," Five told him, looking in the mirror as he put his tie back on. You frowned, stepping forward and fixing the back of it, to which Five cleared his throat and fought a smile. You felt heat rise to your face and backed away quickly as Luther spoke.

"What about doomsday?"

"Won't happen," Five replied.

"And the 2019 problems?" Diego continued as Five slid his blazer back on.

"Everything will be back to normal, alright?" Five said with thinly veiled frustration. "Now no more questions." He pulled you out of the bathroom, leaving you in between Luther and Diego before standing in front of the three of you. "We gotta go. We have to find the others, all right?"

"Yeah," Luther said tiredly, but you nodded eagerly. You might actually have a chance to get out of here with your entire family.

"Luther, you get Allison."

"Ok."

"Diego, Klaus. Me and Eight will get Vanya." He grabbed his jacket, sliding it on as he walked into the hallway. "Now, we meet back in the arrival alley in 77 minutes. Here," he said, grabbing three watches from a nearby table and handing them to his two brothers. "I've synchronized these watches."

"Okay, let's do this," Luther said, and you raised an eyebrow at him. He had gone back to following orders fairly easily after his brief rebellious streak.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on," Diego began, and you sighed. "You show up drenched in blood and expect us to believe everything's gonna go back to normal if we go home now?"

"Elliott just got killed because of us," Five said frustratedly, sweeping his hand back toward the chair. And Elliott's corpse.

You shuddered.

"What about Dad?" Diego continued, and your jaw tensed. "What about JFK?"

"Is that all you care about?" you finally burst, glaring up at your brother. "'JFK'? 'Dad'? What about us, Diego? We're your family. And we massively screwed things up in 2019. I'd prefer we didn't do that here, too. JFK is supposed to die. You might not like it, but changing what happens could change the entire timeline and end the world, just like last time."

Diego glanced away, his frown deepening. When he refused to speak, Five got in his face.

"Diego, we have a chance to go home and make things right. We are taking it."

Diego lowered his head and nodded, sighing resolutely before speaking.

"I have to say goodbye to Lila."

You had nearly forgotten about her, with Elliott dying and shooting the Handler and... everything. But maybe Diego was right. Could you really leave without saying goodbye to her? You wouldn't ask Diego to do that. You had gotten your chance to make peace with your friends - your brother deserved the same.

But Five spread his arms wide as Diego turned around slowly.

"Lila doesn't give a shit about you, Diego! She never did! She's one of them. She's a member of the Commission," Five said in an agitated tone, like Diego should have known.

"What?" you breathed as Diego turned back.

"No way," he said quietly, shaking his head in denial. "Not possible."