Ice Cream

1: Ice Cream

♡°♡°♡

"You okay?"

♡°♡°♡

I don't sleep now a days, the bags under my eyes look horrible against my pale skin. I have lost some weight from not eating much, but I'm not hungry anymore. It takes a toll on your body after seeing your boyfriend murdered by some fucking monster. The memory replays in my mind every fucking day, like this is my punishment from God.

Billy Hargrove and I have dated for 2 years, up until we had a slight falling out before he died. His last words were to me and his sister Max, I love you Ness. Those words won't leave my brain.

Despite him being a total asshole to most people, and very hard headed, he was my light in this shitty cursed town. He was so good to me, I knew his soft side. I loved him, and I regret the fight we had before all that shit happened.

"Vanessa, honey someone's here to see you." My mother knocked on the door before opening it. Behind her stood Max, the small red head, Billy's sister. She is to be a freshman this year, I'm finally a senior. I haven't spoken to her since he died, I can't.

"Hi." I smily said before pulling my blanket over my face hiding from them both.

"I'll leave you two be." My mother said as I heard her walk down the small hall of the trailer. The door closed to my room and I heard soft footsteps as Max reached the bed and sat down at the end of it.

"Listen, Vanessa. I took his death hard too, I'm his sister. But you need some friends right now, I know how it feels to be alone." She told me.

"I want to be alone." I told her. I spent most of this summer in my room avoiding people, we have one month left till school starts again.

"I'm sorry, I'm no longer letting you be. I can't, I know you're hurting. I'm worried, your mom is worried." She tells me.

"Max you don't understand the whole thing." Nobody does, not even my mom knows. Nobody knows what had truly happened to lead me and Billy to fight then makeup in the end. What had me broken immensely.

"Come with me, Lucas and the guys are doing this Hellfire club thing and I'm being dragged there against my will. I think maybe if you go too... we could have each other." I uncovered my face as I slowly sit up in bed. "I know I'm younger but, my brother loved you and so do I." She says.

"I can't." I tell her.

"Please just one night, if you hate it you can leave!" She begged. "I will get on my knees and beg." She said with a slight smile as she rested her Walkman  on my bed in preparation.

"Fine but I'm not dressing up." I tell her.

"Can you at least shower? No offense." She said sniffing a little.

"Yeah let me go." I got up and walked to the bathroom.

After nearly 20 minutes in the shower I was done. My hair is long past my breast, dark brown nearly black, and wavy. I do have straight across bangs that are getting so long its annoying. I brushed my hair, put my curl cream in, and blow dried it. That took me another 15 minutes, by then I was definatly not going to put makeup on.

"Took forever." Max groaned as I walked in with my towel around me. She was laying back on my bed reading an old magazine listening to her music.

"Yeah well... I had to work out a bad knot in my hair. I havent brushed it in months." I admit as I dig for clothes, I pulled out my dark jeans and a random band shirt that use to be Billy's. "Cover your eyes." I tell her before I drop my towel and got dressed. "Done." I say as I finish buttoning my jeans. Since I've lost weight my jeans are lose.