~Chapter 1~

It was just after my sister, Sabrina, had sacrificed herself to save our hometown of Greendale. My cousin, Ambrose and I decided to move from Greendale to a town no one had ever heard of us. We were leaving our aunties and everything we knew. I couldn't bear to be in the same house without my beloved sister anymore. Our aunties understood why I had to go. Ambrose and I decided on a small town in Indiana known as Hawkins. We moved to Hawkins beginning of January. Ambrose helped me enroll in Hawkins High School to finish my senior year.

We didn't have much money, so we lived in a small house near the Forest Hill trailer park. School hadn't started back up yet, so Ambrose and I spent the days we had left before school started getting to know our way around the town. We came across a video store and decided to go inside to see about renting a couple of movies for us to watch that night since school was a couple of days later. There were 2 people behind the counter working. They were talking to each other energetically. The girl looked up as Ambrose, and I walked in. "Hi!" she said excitedly, walking up to me. I feel like she knew I was new to town. "Is there anything I can help you find?" she asked us enthusiastically.

"Well, actually, we are new to town. Just moved here and want to rent a couple of movies for tonight before Sapphire starts at Hawkins High on Monday.", my dear cousin responded. I shot him a look of What the fuck. He smiled at me like he knew what he was doing.

"You're starting at Hawkins High on Monday? That's great! I go there too! I'm Robin. That's Steve behind the counter, who lost the ability to speak or something", she said, gesturing over to him. I looked over at him, and he immediately stopped staring. Robin rolls her eyes at him. "What are you looking for exactly?" Robin asked, walking us through the store.

"Nothing in particular. Maybe some horror movies", I stated. Looking through the movie selection. Then we heard the door open again. A guy with long brown, curly, and slightly poofy hair walked in. He had a silver chain around his neck, multiple rings on his fingers, ripped black jeans, a leather jacket under a denim vest, and a HellFire Club shirt on it. Our eyes met for a brief second. I quickly looked away and went slightly red.

"Don't mind him. He is considered the town freak and also goes to our school.", whispered Robin.

"What's his name?" I whispered back to her. She looked at me like I was crazy. "What? I'm new and want to meet people. I never really talked to people back home. I only ever talked to my cousin or my...my...nevermind.", I said. Ambrose looked at me, saddened, knowing I couldn't say it.

"We recently lost her sister. So she feels the need to get close to people right now. Sapphire and her sister, Sabrina, were close. Sapphire was considered an outcast at her old school.", Ambrose explained to Robin.

"I completely understand. I am so sorry for your guys' loss. I'm sure Sabrina was an amazing person. Well, if you need friends, Steve and I will be happy to be friends with you. I can help you out at school. But anyway, his name is Eddie Munson. And he can't seem to stop staring at you already, Sapphire.", Robin said. I laugh at her for a second, look behind me, and see that he is staring at me. I blush and turn away from him quickly.

"Oh, dear cousin, it seems like you are crushing on someone already." I hear Ambrose's voice in my head as he is looking at me.

"Ambrose, I'm not trying to let slip we are witches. So please keep the mind reading to a minimum here." I shoot back to him mentally. He steps back with his hands up in defense. Robin notices the exchange between Ambrose and me.

"What was that about?" she queried.

"Nothing. We can just tell what each other is thinking, is all.", I say quickly. I look behind me again, and Eddie is still on the other side of the store, but Steve hasn't left behind the counter. "What's his problem?" I ask Robin, pointing to Steve.

"He is just being Steve. I think he might like you, but who knows? But Eddie certainly can't stop staring either.", Robin responds to me. I laugh with her. Me and Robin are still talking when I feel a small tap on your shoulder. I notice Robin's eyes widen, so I see Eddie standing right behind me.

"Can I give you a suggestion on a good horror movie?" Eddie asks me. I look away quickly, blushing. I nod, trying not to make eye contact. Robin nudges me playfully, I look at her and mouth, stop it. I looked back at him and smiled, trying not to blush.

"Um...yeah. Sure. I don't know what to choose right now anyway.", I stammered, starting to feel my cheeks go red. Eddie smirked, noticing me blushing. Robin nudged me again. "I'm...uh...I'm Sapphire; my sister used to call me Phire.", I say to Eddie, trying to break the silence.

"Use to call you Phire? What happened to your sister?" Eddie asked me. I look down, I never like to talk about my sister. "I'm sorry, I'm not trying to pry.", he said, noticing that I was getting upset. Ambrose came over after looking at different movies.

"Cousin, have you picked a movie yet? Oh hello. I'm Ambrose, Sapphire's cousin.", he said, holding his hand out to Eddie. He takes Ambrose's hand and shakes it.

"I was just helping by giving her a suggestion for a horror movie. I'm Eddie. Anyway, I suggest watching A Nightmare On Elm Street. Classic horror movie.", Eddie said, pulling the movie off the shelf. I smile at him and grab the movie. Our fingers lightly touch. I quickly pull away and blush. Eddie turns to walk away from me, Ambrose, and Robin.

"Wait, Eddie. Would like to come over and watch it with us? We are new in town, and I'm sure Sapphire wouldn't mind.", Ambrose said, stopping him from walking away.

"Ambrose, what are you doing? I just met him, and we just moved here." I mentally shot at him. Ambrose just smiles at me.

"Sure. I wouldn't mind that. Is that alright with you, Sapphire?" Eddie asked me.

"Um...yeah. Sure, that's fine. I guess we will see you tonight. Let me give you our address.", I respond. Eddie hands me his phone. I put in my number and address. Eddie smiles at me as he turns to walk away. I melt inside at how gorgeous his smile is. Ambrose and Robin notice.

"Oh my God, Sapphire! You are crushing on him already.", Robin said excitedly.

"I am not. I just met him. I guess this is all for us, though. Thanks for your help, Robin. I guess I will see you at school on Monday, " I tell her.

"Absolutely. Here let me give you my number, and you can text me tomorrow about how tonight goes.", Robin said. I give her my number, and she puts in her number. Ambrose and I rent the movie out of the video store. We head home to get ready for tonight.

"Ambrose, why did you invite him over? I just met him.", I say to my cousin as we are walking home.

"But cousin, I saw how you were looking at him and how he was looking at you. He has a crush on you already.", Ambrose explained to me.

"Wait, how do you know that? We just met him at the video store.", I questioned my cousin.