~Chapter 5~

"Whoa! Sapphire, you look amazing.", Eddie said as he saw me coming down the stairs. I smiled at him as he complimented me. I am at the bottom of the stairs looking at Eddie, smiling. His cute dimples that make me melt are showing. "Let me take you to breakfast at one of my favorite diners.", Eddie says.

"Sounds great. Let's go.", I say. As we head out the door, Robin follows.

"I will see you later, Phire. Text me.", Robin says as she takes off down the street. I wave to her as we leave. Eddie walks me over to his van. It was not something I was expecting. Eddie opens the door for me to get in.

He walks around to the driver's side door and hops in. "You ready to go?" Eddie asks, looking over at me and smiling. I nod my head. "Let's go then, sweetheart.", he said, starting the van. He peels out of my driveway and down the street. There was heavy metal playing on the radio. Eddie turned it down so we could talk. "Tell me about yourself, Sapphire.", he asked me.

"There isn't much to tell.", I say to him. I look over at him and half smile. "Ambrose, help me. I don't know what to say to him. He is asking me to tell him about myself. I don't know what I can tell him without giving too much away." I mentally shot at Ambrose.

"Cousin, just be honest with him. As honest as you can be without letting it slip out that you are a witch. Don't want to scare him off." Ambrose shot back. I rolled my eyes at Ambrose mentally. I could hear him snicker.

"Everything alright? You seem lost in thought."Eddie asked.

"What? Oh, yeah, I am fine. Just thinking is all. Honestly, there isn't much I can tell you about myself.", I reply. Eddie raises an eyebrow at me. "There are just some things about myself that I'm not ready to tell. I don't know what you would think of me if I told you.", I state bluntly.

"There isn't much that can scare me. Why don't you just tell me what it is?" Eddie asked persistently.

"I'm just not ready to tell you yet. We just met yesterday. But all I can tell you right now is that Ambrose and I moved here because of what happened to my sister.", I say to him, hoping he doesn't ask again. We sat there in silence for a bit. He pulls into the diner's parking lot. Eddie shuts the van off and looks at me.

"I'm sorry for trying to pry, sweetheart. I just want to know you more. You tell me whenever you are ready to.", he finally says to me after a few seconds. He gives me that toothy smile of his that shows off his dimples. Every time I see his dimples, my heart melts more. Eddie gets out of the van and runs to my side, and opens the door for me. We go into the diner and sit at a booth. I am on one side, and he is sitting opposite me.

The waitress comes over and takes our order. I get a coffee and french toast. Eddie also gets coffee but gets waffles. The waitress brings our coffee over. I fix my coffee the way I like it. I sit drinking my coffee, lost in thought. "Sapphire, are you alright? You seem distracted.", Eddie said, looking at me concerned. I look up from my coffee.

"I'm fine. Really. I'm sorry I'm so distracted by my thoughts, " I tell him. I look over at him, and he put 2 straws in his mouth like walrus. "What the hell are you doing?" I giggle.

"There we go. Finally got that beautiful smile out of you.", Eddie said, putting the straws down. Eventually, our food comes, and we eat in silence. We finish our food, and we get up. Eddie pays for our breakfast, and we leave. "I want to show you something.", Eddie finally says as we make it out of the diner.

"What do you want to show me?" I ask as we walk back to his van. He opens the passenger door for me. I climb in, and he shuts the door. He then ran around to the driver's side and jumped in. "Where are you taking me?" I ask him again.

"You'll see. It's a surprise." Eddie chuckled. I cross my arms over my chest. I hate surprises, but Eddie doesn't know that yet. "What's wrong, sweetheart? Don't trust me?" he asked me, noticing how tense I was.

"I just don't like surprises. It's nothing against you.", I reply. He glances over at me quickly. He puts his hand on my thigh. My skin tingles from his touch. He removes his hand and continues driving. We drive for what seems like 20 minutes. Eddie eventually pulls over and puts the van in park.

"Come on. We have to walk from here. Just trust me. I'm not going to hurt you or anything.", Eddie said, hopping out of the van. I went to open the door, but Eddie beat me to it. He helps me out of the van and leads me down a path in the woods. Eddie still holds onto my hand as we walk through the woods.

Eventually, Eddie starts to slow his walking. I started to see a large rock formation through the trees. Eddie let go of my hand and walked a little further. I followed him down the path he went. I wasn't watching my feet and tripped over a branch sticking out of the ground. Eddie caught me before I fell. "Whoa, you alright?" Eddie asked, helping me stand up again. His hands were still on my waist. My hands are on his arms. I look up into his large chocolate-brown doe eyes.