Antonias POV: chapter two~ the day before

When I woke up this morning, the air was bitter. I quickly realized an animal had come and taken my cover.
I decided to get up and see if anyone had dropped anything in "my" dumpster last night. I got lucky. There was half of a pancake breakfast from McDonald's and a half full cup of sweet tea. This is the first time in a while I've had breakfast.
After going about my normal morning routine, I noticed the streets were quiet. Something was odd, and then I remembered today was Thanksgiving and everyone was at the parade; except me of course. I thought about going.
"I might get more food," I thought. If not I'll stop at the homeless shelter on the way back to have my clothes washed and then, hopefully, I can get back in time before someone else decides to take over my dumpster... Again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm finally here. It took me an hour but I made it. Most of the parade is already over and people are starting to leave. This was my chance. I snuck around from one trash can to another. I came out with a stained but useful blanket, half a can of a pop, and a fourth of a Subway sandwich.
I stopped at the shelter when I headed back to my dumpster, to get the blanket and my clothes washed. I guess everyone had the same idea as me because it took what felt like days.
After my clothes were washed and dried, it was starting to get dark, so I decided I should probably get headed back to the dumpster I called home. I felt safer than I usually do, I figured everyone had gotten tired out from the parade and were with friends and family having thanksgiving dinner, so I decided to take the long way back. That was a horrible idea.
About half way "home" I started to get the feeling that I was being followed. I stopped to look around but didn't see anything. Beginning to feel unsafe I picked up speed a bit, that's where I went wrong. Out of no where I was attacked by someone whom I assumed is another homeless man. He took my blanket, busted my lip, and gave me a black eye. Needless to say that really scared me so I ran. I ran and ran and ran. It got to the point where I took a few wrong turns and ended up lost, but I kept going. Eventually I realized I had managed to leave my home city and ended up in a very high class town, But that's all I remember.  I blacked out.