Chapter 4: Shes suspicious

Jennifer's POV:
After I had dropped Antonia off and started to drive off I noticed something... I saw a dumpster by the store I had dropped her off at that seemed to have been made into a little living place. I didn't think Antonia could be the one living there, but she had been acting strange when I dropped her off so I decided to pull over somewhere where she couldn't see me. I felt really bad for doing this but I also really wanted to make sure she was safe.
After a bout five minutes of waiting I started to think that I was worried over nothing. I began to start the car and pull away when Antonia crept out of the store. She looked around as if she was making sure no one (like me) was near so that she could do something. After getting out of the store she ran around to the side of the store to where the dumpster I saw is and settled down into the little home like structure she had constructed. I panicked. All I wanted to do was rush out of the car and take her back with me but I knew I couldn't do that, not legally at least. I stayed sitting there a while to make sure it was all true and that I wasn't overreacting. At one pint a man came out with the garbage and she hid but as soon as he left she came out and started going through the garbage. When she was finished she had a bag full of food scraps an a few half full water bottles. She sat down and ate a few of the food scraps and drank one of the water bottles then put the rest of her findings in a box.
By this time it was starting to get dark out. I didn't even realize it, time had gotten away from me. I noticed that Antonia had pulled some old thin blankets out of the box and made a little sleeping spot and laid down. That's when I decided I should probably leave. I expected her to look up when I started the car to leave but she didn't, she just kept laying there. At that moment I knew I had to step up and do something, I had to come back tomorrow and get her away from there. Away from the dump and off of the streets.