Used as a sacrifice!?

Sahmin followed Mammon down countless streets, trying to learn the way to House of Lamentation, despite Mammon's constant barrage of complaints about how this was grunt work and he'd much rather be doing anything else. As they came to a stop by a streetlight and waited for the light to turn for pedestrians, Sahmin decided to talk to him.

"Look, Mammon," She started but he ignored her and kept ranting–at this point he was just going in circles. "Mammon?" She reached over and poked his shoulder to get his attention. He jerked his head toward her and glared.

"What?" He snapped, "Can't you hear the Great Mammon speaking, it's rude to interrupt someone above your station." He crossed his arms and huffed as Sahmin pulled her hand back and clenched her fists.

"Look, I get it. You don't wanna babysit me and I'm sorry that you have to." She let her weight slide to one leg as she tried to meet his eyes. "How do you think I feel about being babysat by someone who looks my own age?" She shook her head. "I meant it when I said I don't wanna cause trouble for you. But I think we need to get some things clear if we're going to work together this year."

The light turned and Mammon began walking again, not checking to see if she was following. "The only thing you need to know is when I say jump, you say how high–got it? You're my underling, my minion and I'm far too important to be concerned with this crap." Mammon started on his ranting again that his position as second eldest of the seven lords of the Devildom was more than just a fancy title. "Demons, Angels and humans fear me!" He proclaimed as he led the way home. Sahmin sighed and decided she'd try to have this talk with him later, perhaps after he'd had time to calm down a bit.

It wasn't long until a three-story mansion came into view, with seven gravestones outside and a large dead tree inside its gated yard. The entire house was lit with an eerie yellow glow, like candlelight as the moon hung low overhead. Mammon kicked the gate open with his foot and trudged inside, still grumbling.

"Ugh, I don't believe this. Of all the rotten luck...Why should I have to look after some human? It's insulting, that's what it is!" He glanced over his shoulder, back in the direction of RAD. "That rotten bastard...Does he really think he can scare me into doin' whatever he wants?"

Certainly, seems like he can, Sahmin thought to herself as she pulled the gate closed behind her. She didn't like doors being left open if they were not originally meant to be so.

"Just so we're clear...it's not like I can't say no to Lucifer, okay?!" Mammon snapped, waving his finger at her as she caught up on the walkway. "I only agreed to babysit you because, um...well you know, because.... uh..."

"Because your brother has you scared to death of him." Sahmin finished with a smirk.

"NO!" Mammon barked, his eyes twitching in irritation, "Anyway, it doesn't matter! Just don't go thinking that I'm scared of Lucifer or anything! Because I'm not!"

"Look, honestly, I don't care if you are or aren't scared of Lucifer." Sahmin admitted as she followed him down the walkway. "I'm plenty scared of him, and your other brothers too for that matter. I'd rather not get eaten this year, thank you."

"WHAT!?" Mammon shrieked and came to a stop, "Oh, now you're REALLY in for it!" he started to grab at her collar and stopped himself when she turned to glare at him.

"Oh? And what exactly are you gonna do? Huh? Take a bite outta me? Eat me from the head down?" She snapped and got in his own space the way he had done her before. "You or anyone else does anything to me and Lucifer will have your hide for boots, and if he doesn't, Diavolo for sure will!"

"You can't talk to me like that, human!" Mammon balked and blinked at her in shock, "Although...come to think of it?" He tilted his head to the side and glanced her up and down again, taking measure of her. "I'm surprised you got the guts to talk to me like that. You're not scared?" The anger melted away on his face, replaced with pure confusion. "I mean...I'm a demon. You do get that, right?"