LOVE AND CROSSES

A/N: Italic bold - English; Normal font - Korean

TWO WEEKS LATER, 09:45

"Thank you for helping me carry these grocery bags, Lisa

"Thank you for helping me carry these grocery bags, Lisa."

"No problem, Sunmi. Good thing I was there and we're neighbors because it's difficult to carry those all the way up to the 9th floor." Lisa replied

"Thank goodness they arrived quickly, or we'd be stuck on the third floor forever." Sunmi's words made them laugh. Lisa had seen her earlier at the grocery store and offered the woman's help because she was carrying a load of food bags. However, when they boarded the elevator at their apartment building, it abruptly stopped, trapping them on the third floor for about 30 minutes. It's a good thing the facilities personnel got them out fast. The two had no choice but to take the stairs from the third floor to their apartment on the ninth.

"Okay, see you later----Wait, I'm going to make gamjatang for lunch; do you want to join me later?" Sunmi interrupted Lisa, "As a thank you for helping me today."

"Are you sure? That's my fave, I'd love to." Lisa's smile widened when she heard Sunmi's offer.

"All right, I'll just ring the bell when I'm done," Sunmi said, earning a nod from the Thai.

"OK, okay," Lisa said as they both entered their own flats.

When Lisa entered her apartment, she was surprised to see Krystal standing behind the door, arms crossed across her chest, and glaring at her.

"Yah, h-how did you get here?"

"Why are you with that woman?" Krystal asked, her face expressionless.

"Huh?"

"What's the deal with you and that old woman?" Krystal inquired once more, causing the Thai to furrow her brow.

"What?"

"Just answer me?!" Krystal yelled, causing Lisa to flinch.