Escape

(This is an AU of my story "I looked up to you, why did you look down on me" where Jimmy gets taken to Hermitcraft instead of forced to live in the palace with his crumbling family. Grian just turned 20 in this, Jimmy is 8. Also, this is Hermitcraft season 6 but you dont need to know all the lore to read this)

Grian felt his wings twinged a bit.

He hadn't seen his brother in ages but there was still a soft spot for the younger cod hybrid.

He turned at the sound of a portal, seeing his siblings and Joel walking through.

The young cod hybrid clung to Lizzie's hand and was grasping Joel's arm like his life depended on it. It didn't help when he saw Grian.

The older smiled sadly, walking over and giving a comforting posture.

"Hey, Tim. Long time no see, yeah?" The boy looked up and instantly hugged Grian, the avian was surprised but hugged him back immediately. Jimmy was shaking against him, he was crying.

Lizzie and Joel looked in pain at the sound of the sobs echoing against the pavement of the hub.

Eventually, Jimmy had tired himself out, leaning against Grian as his eyes started to close. The older brother picked him up gently, the other two following him as they walked across the hub. They were getting weird looks from vendors and players but none of them cared.

---

Grian brushed Jimmy's hair out of his face as he sat on the bed next to the sleeping eight year old. They had just arrived at his base in the season six server, the bed that Grian usually slept in was now under Jimmy.

His eyes looked away from the scars that were painted on the cod hybrid's skin.

They had only just found out what was happening in the palace. It was revealed by a guard that had suspected something for a long time but was trying to gather evidence.

If Grian could see his mother, he would have her pay for touching even a hair on Jimmy's head.

Regardless, Grian had a role in Jimmy's life again.

Guardian.

Since he was twenty, he gained the ability to take guardianship of both of his siblings. However, he knew that Lizzie had a way out and she wasn't the one in danger. Jimmy was and that was the reason he brought Jimmy to the server.

He had been to countless meetings, spending nights filling out paperwork and messaging friends to get to this moment where he knew his little brother was safe. Everyone on the server supported his decision and even offered to help out. Xisuma was more than willing to let the young cod onto the server.

He sighed as his communicator buzzed.

Looking down at it, he picked it up after seeing it was a message from Lizzie.

Lizzie- how is he holding up?

She had been contacting almost every moment she could, she was understandably worried about the younger sibling.

Grian- He is doing good

Grian- How are your travels with Joel?

He waited for a second before a ping noise and a picture of the smiling duo appeared on his screen. They appeared to be in a strange world, probably touring mods.

He sent a heart and a goodnight, Lizzie sending the same before she left the chat.

Grian sighed, dropping his phone onto the floor. He laid back, pulling part of the blanket over him and smiled as Jimmy curled up to him in his sleep.