To the human world

A/n so we went to a cafe that had wifi so I managed to post this chapter, I hope you like it and I'll be back on my normal posting scedual soon
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the night fell and the dark thickened around the sleeping demon kingdom, Aleksei and Ezume climbed the back of a dragon.

"Are you certain your spell will hold throughout the night?" Aleksei asked once they were both on the beast's back, each carrying a bag and dressed as commoners.

"It will hold for as long as I hold, I will tell you if I feel it weakening." Ezume assured him.

"Good." and with that they were off, soaring into the sky.

Rushing up, up and up above the dark clouds, through the cold air and into the night.

Aleksei told himself he wouldn't look down at the vast kingdom that was once his home, but he couldn't fight the urge.

He dared to look down like he used to when he took his raven form. But that was the only thing that stayed the same.

Instead of shimmering lights and lively noise of his people, there was a strech of silent, dark and frozen land. The land that used to be a home to so many, the land his mother once ruled, the once mighty land turned into an endless valley of nothing but ice.

He used to love the winter, the snow, the cold, but he grew to resent it more with each passing day.

Memories came like a flod, he could see where the market used to be, where houses were so closely huddled together they seemed like one big house, where the vampire town used to stand.

Victoria used to take him to her bedroom balcony, from where the whole kingdom could be seen, spread out like a painting. She would tell him stories, of her younger days, when she was as misbehaving as he was back then.

One of those stories stuck to him more then the others. One where her father created a creast for each of his children. Her siblings got noble and brave animals, each and every one carved into a small wooden plate.

Hers turned out to be a wolf, which would not be bad if it weren't for a fact her father expressed his dislike for wolves at least once a day.

Then she proceeded to curse her wretched father and called Aleksei her wolf cub. The wolf cub of the Demon kingdom. Born to a queen who slayed her family to get her crown, to a queen who banished her husband whom she never truly loved.

A queen everyone would predict to be an awful mother, and yet she raised her wolf cub with so much care one could forget she was a ruthless demon.

Looking back at the way she used to call him the future of the kingdom, he feels like he would dissapoint her.

"My king? You seem distant." Ezume's voice broke his mellancolic moment and he looked back at her.

"I am all right, worry not." he told her as they approched the barrier.

As he had expected, there was no strict guard, just two half asleep soldiers playing card games.

The barrier was actually a thin ring of land surrounding the islands, with a single wider part were a gate was placed.

The gate was made out of fae steel and enchanted with witch spells, it reached high into the sky and so far on both sides one could not see where it ended. The rest of the ring was covered in thick layer of fog so you could not see what was on the other side.

Once they approched they realised the fog was actually glass walls, like those of the new demon castle, only these walls contained storm clouds and not blood.

The guards at the gate only saw the dragon once it was so close it could scorch them in one breath.

Aleksei jumped down from it's back and put both guards into a deep slumber. He approched the gate, placed both palms on each side and spoke in a language so old not even Ezume understood it.

She did recognize it though, it was the old language of demons, used for only the most powerfull of spells.

The door opened with a gush of wind coming from them and revealed a portal to the human world. Aleksei turned and send the dragon back to guard the island.

They shared a look before walking through it and stepping into the bustling streets of victorian london. They quickly glamoured their clothes to fit in.

Nobody seemed to notice two people appearing out of thin air and they all just went about their day. That was good, they shouldn't stand out.

"Well they don't seem like someone who's being terrorized by monsters." Aleksei whispered and looked around, they were in a part of london known as Whitechapel. "At least not the monsters we know as monsters." he added, seeing the contition of most of the people around him.

It was truly shocking to him, there were poor people in the demon kingdom, of course, but there was places for them. Public houses and inns offering a place to sleep and food in exchange for work.

The demons were cruel and manipulative and many other bad things, but they took care of their own kind. Not once has he walked the streets of the kingdom as a boy and saw someone who had nothing.

In the human world, however, the people surrounding him seemed gray, worn out, like walking dead. The whole place seemed drained of all colour, and he felt sting in his chest. He felt fear. Fear that his people, his kingdom, or what was left of it, will one day become like that.

A grim place where people are more dead then alive. A place where people have really lost all hope.

He swore on his mother's grave he would not allow it. He will restore him kingdom and reclaim his thore, and he will get back the love of his life.

"We will search the place for anyone of our kind who might've slipped Morningstar's purge. I hear the fae like to hide among the humans." he told Ezume, who nodded and accepted his hand to help her navigate the crowd.

They got lost in the sea of people swarming the crowded streets. Unaware of the woman in a red dress following them.