A new army

Here is a new chapter and we're back on the regular posting scedual
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the throne room Aleksei was pacing back and forth in front of the unmoving body of his mate.

He was waiting for Trottler to bring the kids. After the meeting with his generals and the order it was concluded that they should be out right offered a position in the new army.

The generals agreed to train them if they agreed, and the order did as well. Aleksei, however, was reluctant. They were still just kids, they shouldn't be thrusted into a war that was sparked before they were even born.

He did not want them to be cheated out of their childhoods, he wanted to protect them. Yet there he was, preparing to ask them to fight in his war. The war that couldn't be won without them.

Alelsei knew it, it took all he had in him to defeat Brigitte, and even though Morningstar had no remarkable power as a witch, as a polititian and an army leader she was almost unstopable.

There was one thing that made him determinant to do it, and it was the sight of his love, stone cold and unmoving in his glass coffin.

Deep down he knew, if it came down to it he would let every living thing burn if it meant freeing Theo from his curse, but he refused to let himself think of it.

Would he really step over what little morality he had? Would he really let all those people die if it meant he would get what he wants? What would Theo say to that?

Aleksei knew the answers but he ignored them. He told himself it won't come to that.

The sword resting on Theo's chest glowed a distant, almost unnoticable light, almost as if in mocerky of the conflicted king.

The door opened and in came the five kids, followed by Trottler and Ezume.

"Leave us." Aleksei told them just as they were about to take a seat.

The two shared a look before exiting the room without a complaint. It was better not to argue, given that Aleksei was already on the edge of one of his childhood temper tantrums.

Once the door was closed Aleksei turned his back to the five kids sitting at the big table.

"I suppose you saw the military activity around here, and I suppose you can guess what I'm about to ask of you." Aleksei spoke, his tone flat and cold. If he was going to tell them to fight in his name, after saying he would protect them, he couldn't look at them.

As Alexander was about to speak but Aleksei raised a hand to interrupt him.

"You can say whatever you wish once I'm done." Aleksei said before continuing "I do not command you as your king, I ask of you as people I have trust in. Your powers are beyond the power of ten armies, and if harnessed it could bring about the end of Morningstar and her regin over us. However, you all are still kids, and I do not wish to force kids to fight. It is your choice to fight or not, and you will face no consequence regardless of your decision."

The five looked at one another for a while before Alexander stood up and spoke. "We will fight, we already intended on joining the military forces. We do ask for one thing in return though."

"And what might that be?"

"Your forgiveness." the boy said, suprising Aleksei.

It made the stinging of guilt in his heart even more painful. They wanted nothing but his forgiveness in exchanged for putting their lives on the line.

"You were forgiven long ago." Aleksei said with a slight laughter, it was to comfort them.

Before he could defend himself he was tackled by five pairs of arms hugging him tightly.

After a few seconds of shock he decided to hug them as well, knowing that it can mean a lot.

"You can enter now." Aleksei said once they separated, Trottler and Ezume were waiting in front of the door, he would bet anything on it.

And indeed, the two entered in a matter of seconds, showing Aleksei was right.

"M-my lord, the order has been settled." Trottler informed him.

"Very well, kids, you will be moved out of the orphanage and into a military building with the generals that will train you." Aleksei informed the five who shared a look with Ezume, or rather they were looking and she turned her head in their direction.

The orphanage was the only home they've ever known, and they knew they'd have to move out eventually, but it still made them sad.

"It's all right, we'll still be seeing each others around a lot, you're not getting rid of me that easily." she told them with a smile.

Aleksei looked away, not knowing what to do in the situation. Not even a few minutes later he was alone again.

He walked agross the empty room, his steps echoing like a ghost, in reflections in walls he saw the people that used to walk those halls and the streets below.

Unable to fight the urge, he looked back at Theo, then he approched the casket again.

It was a bad habit, he knew it. Theo couldn't see or hear anything, he wasn't there, and yet Aleksei talked to him, he talked so often.

Sometimes he thought of himself as a necrophilliac, but it was truly just talking.

"I don't think I can keep myself sane much longer. I need you, I can't stand being without you. You are here next to me but you're not my Theo. You're a shell. An empty vessle. I don't think you can hear this. But I need to say it. I will get you back soon, I promise I will. I swear it, my love, no matter what it takes." Aleksei said and put his hand over the glass that was above Theo's heart.

He stood there for a while before marching to the training grounds, he needed to take his feelings out on something, and burning a few training dolls seemed like a damn good way to do it.