baby | iv

[ around 3 years after Despicable Me 3, Margo is 15, Edith is 13 and Agnes is 9 ]

As Gru stepped into the lounge, a smile fell upon his face as he noticed his wife laying on the sofa, watching the youngest of their daughters playing. He smiled as he took a few steps over to her. Lowering his body behind hers, he draped his arm around her waist, leaving his hand on her stomach.

Lucy instantly felt warmth, both physically and in her heart, as her husband held her.

"Mum, why does dad always put his hands on your tummy? He never used to and now he does. That's weird." The youngest of the three daughters looked at her parents.

"He's just holding me A, it's like a long cuddle,"

Gru giggled as a small kick pressed against his hands.

"So, that's not how babies are made?" Agnes looked confused. "Edith! You said when adults love each other very mu-"

"Woah, woah Edith don't go telling your sister that. And no it's not Agnes. Margo want to weigh in on this situation?"

"no, not particularly dad," Margo smiled, picking up the younger of her siblings. Having already sussed the secret her parents held, she asked Agnes a single question. "Would you like another sibling though, Agnes?"

"I want a brother!" She giggled "I want to do his hair and dress him up but he'll also protect me."
She giggled "But I also wouldn't because I wouldn't want them to take us back. When they get their own baby." She bit her lip

"They wouldn't do that," Margo held her sister close and looked at her parents "Would you guys?" Having to admit to herself she hadn't thought about it that way.

"No, no no of course we wouldn't." Lucy pushed herself up, pulling Gru up with her. "We wouldn't, would we?"

"No of course we wouldn't. W-why would you think that?" Gru also hadn't thought his children would think that way. He shared a quick look with Lucy, who was taking their daughter.

"Just cos," Reaching out for gru's hand, she leant against Lucy.

"I promise you girls, all of you, we love you all so much. And when- if, if we have another baby. They will always be equal to all of you. Then we will have four children, that's the only thing that wil- would change." She smiled

Agnes nodded "Okay mum." She hugged her and then patted Gru's bald head, making Lucy roar into laughter.

Gru glared at her, "Free pass there Mrs Lucy Gru, free pass,"

"Oh yeah Mr Felonious Gru?" She smirked, standing up, with a hand on her back.

"Stop, stop stop-" Edith looked at them "Please stop-"

"Edith." Gru chuckled, his arm falling back around his wife's waist.

"We aren't- oh never mind," Lucy giggled, leaning into him. "I love you Gru Gru,"  she smiled gently, looking down at him

"I love you too, my little Lucy bear. And I love the girls and our baby." He grinned, not realising the girls were still right there.

"BABY?!?!"