Swimmingly | i

welcome to my grucy one shots :)

"Come on Mum! Come down this end of the pool with us!" Edith promptly jumped in the deep end, adorning a pink surf suit, alongside her trusty rosey hat.

"I can't E," she giggled, "I've got your brother," 7 weeks ago, Lucy had given birth to a little boy; Oscar.  The girls were incredibly fond of their younger brother, and Gru was incredibly excited to raise a boy.

The pair however, were worried about how they could do their missions alongside parenting a new born. With the girls it was different. They could sleep round a friend's for the weekend, and would go to school in the day time. Now the only time both of them could go on a mission together, was when a friend was willing to babysit.

The couple obviously preferred missions together. Gru knew he could protect Lucy and Lucy knew she could try and protect him (When he let her). The situation was more in their control. However, they both hated leaving the children without a parent at home.

Lucy obviously didn't work from the instant they knew of her pregnancy, due to the dangerous nature of their job. And Gru stopped working around the 6 month mark - the stress became too much for Lucy, and he'd much rather had  stayed and looked after her.

"Mum, I don't mean to be patronising or anything, but, you're part of the AVL. Your job is to fight bad people and do incredible stunts. I think you can hold a baby in slightly deep water." Margo sent a playful glare at her.

"Girls Girls Girls." Gru looked between his girls and wife. "Your mother is aware what she is capable of, and I hope she is listening to her body. Having- err - a baby- is not an easy thing. She can relax and that's okay," He smiled over and kissed her. "I'll play with you girls, but let your mum rest, okay?" He released his arm from her hip and started to walk through the water to the goal posts.

Lucy smiled on fondly, watching her husband and her oldest children. Picking up her son from the inflatable ring she was holding him in, she giggled and whispered "One day you'll be able to join in with this, bud. And all your sisters are going to love playing with you. And I know your dad will love protecting you too," she kissed his cheek before looking back, a smile tightly on her face.

Agnes floated over to them on her gigantic unicorn floaty.

"He can sit with me mum!" She giggled excitedly, reaching out her arms.

"Oh darling that's so sweet. But I think he needs to stay with one of his parents, just until he's a bit bigger and stronger," A sympathetic smile drew on Lucy's face.

"Okay! I hope he has fun too though!" She waved and floated back off to join her sisters.

Lucy chuckled, before feeling an arm fall around her waist. "My Gru." She whispered, leaning her head back into him.

"My Lucy," he whispered back, kissing her head gently, "My Lucy,"