The Search Begins

"I am leaving on a trip to find someone I believe is in grave danger from the Separatists. If they find this person, the end of the Republic shall come." It was the next day, and I was in front of the Jedi Council, stating that I was simply after a person so that they wouldn't become suspicious that I just disappeared.

"Going alone, hmm?" questioned Master Yoda. "Wise, this is not. Important this person is, why?"

I paused. Hard it was to lie to Jedi Masters. But if I told them that the person was strong in the Force, they would want to train them. But I had no other lies.

"I believe this person is strong with the Force, and I want to bring this person to you. I want to go alone so that you have Jedi here to protect the Republic. We need to keep them safe from the dark side."

Then Mace spoke up."Since when do you concern yourself with finding new Jedi?" he asked, staring at me.

"You need all the Jedi here, don't you?" I pointed out. He sat back, crossing his arms. Yoda seemed to ponder this, and I prayed that he wouldn't object.

"Master Windu, speak to you alone, I must," Yoda said. Mace stood up, followed by Yoda. Calmly, I reached out so I could hear their conversation.

"Strange Palpatine's request is." started Yoda.

"I agree. But maybe this person is strong in the force. Perhaps this could be the Chosen One." Yoda agreed, and they walked back into the room.

"Go you can."

"Thank you Master Yoda." I bowed and left. My new apprentice awaits.

As I left, clone troopers fanned out behind me, boots clacking with a staccato rhythm.

"Go to my ship and await further instructions." I left the Jedi temple and came across young Anakin Skywalker.

"Hello sir," he said, dipping his head respectfully.

"Hello young Skywalker," I replied, brushing past him. But instead of going away, he trotted after me.

"Are you going somewhere, sir?"

"Yes, now please leave me alone!" I snapped. He dropped back, shoulders hunched. Then I headed to my ship.