Training

I brought Lymia aboard my ship just as the sun peeked over the horizon. She gripped a small leather sack that bounced back and forth between her hands. At her house she had hastily shoved some clothes and a comb, plus a small, elegantly carved box into the sack. I was curious to know what was in the box. I didn't know whether to ask her outright or wait. After all, I didn't want to scare her off. . .

"So, what's in the box?" I asked boldly, deciding to take the direct approach. Her head snapped up.

"Is it really any if your business?" she demanded. I shrugged.

"If I'm to be your master, you have to tell me things. So, I'll ask again. What's in the box?" Lymyia glared at me defiantly before answering.

"If you must know, it's some of my mother's things. She died years ago," she said curtly. I held out my hand.

"Can I see it?" I asked. "Please?" I added at her withering look. She huffed out a breath before handing me the elegant box. The latch opened with a low creak. And what I saw in the box stole my breath.

-------------------------------------------------

Lymia's POV

I sat on a sketchy ship with a mysterious man who called himself the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic who was rummaging through my mother's things. Those few items were all I had left of my mother, and it was my fault she was dead. . . I looked down at my lap and pushed away the painful memories. I heard I muffled gasp from Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. My head shot up and I meet his greedy eyes as he saw my mother's red laser sword.

"How did your mother get this?" he asked. I shrugged.

"I honestly don't know. She that it was mine and I would know when the time came when I needed to use it." Palpatine smiled.

"She's even farther than along than I could have hoped for," he muttered. I frowned. What did he mean by that? And, what did he mean by saying that he was to be my "master"? I opened my mouth to ask, but then I shut it. He did say that I could learn to control these powers, right?

----------------------------
Palpaine's POV
I gripped the handle of the elegantly crafted lightsaber handle, my mind whirling. How had Lymia's mother gotten this? Had she made it? Had she been a Sith? I thumbed the activation switch on the handle and the interior of the ship lit up with a crimson glow. The glow reflected in Lymia's blue eyes and she opened her mouth then closed it again. She seemed to debating with herself.

"Are you ready to learn the ways of the Sith?" I breathed. I deactivated the blade and handed it to her. Lymia accepted it and nodded, her eyes steely.

"Yes."