Chapter Six | A Good Wine

"So what exactly are you planning by approaching her?"

The emerald eyed man glanced at his friend.

"Aren't you the one who gave me the chance to do that on silver-platter?"

"Yes. But I only did that so she would be in debt to you, to us. "

"Same difference."

"The point is, I didn’t made you sent her letters out of blue. With Mckenna at that."

Currently, there's only two of them in the room, Prince Heinley of Western Kingdom and Duke Ergi of Bluvohan Kingdom. Henceforth the Prince doesn't hesitate to spoke out frankly.

"I believe there's no harm in befriending her. Quite profitable in fact."

Ergi's tone was causal as he said, lazily taking a sip out of bittersweet wine from his glass. Heinley frowned, which made him added another word.

"Besides, she’s an enigma. Very intriguing one at that."

That only made Heinley's frown deepen. Narrowed magenta eyes were shrap as the future King reminded his companion.

"You know she's out of question. Don't forget our original goal."

"You talk as if I'm romantically interested in her."

"Are you not? You have that strange interest on her since long ago."

"I am not."

Ergi denied.

"Like I said, she's just an enigma. A fascinating puzzle. A very intriguing woman."

"It's good if that's all. Remember that her position is something we can't afford to offend currently."

"Since when you became so nagging."

Ergi mocked, grinning mischievously which only made Heinley scoffed and rolled his eyes. He didn't believe half of what Ergi said.

For all that he knew of Ergi, that sly man had some kind of persistent engrossment over Princess Veronique for a long time. It wasn't the same interest he held toward the preys of his schemes. Heinley couldn’t exactly pinpointed the difference but he was sure that Princess is the only one who held the interest of this dangerously cunning friend of his in such way.

It was much obvious when the man was more than willing in helping the said woman a few days ago when Heinley coincidentally found her. He even looked frantic, though Heinley doubted the man himself would aware how out of character he was back then.

Well, it was a small part of Heinley’s plan when deciding to help the Princess while using Ergi's name anyway. To see what kind of reaction Ergi would have. Then he don't know what to feel about the result.

Heinley suddenly could feel a headache brewing inside. Yet before he could even think any further, a knock was heard from the window and Ergi stood up to open it.

Blue bird, Mckenna, flow into the room and land on the table. A lopsided smile took place on Ergi's lips as the bird literally kicked out the letter tied on his leg toward him.

The bird then turned into a man with long blue hair. An annoyed expression on his face as he immediately covered himself with the clothes prepared on the chair.

"Apprently, she fought with the Emperor and run out of the palace. Do you have any idea where did I found her?"

Mckenna began to rant despite the lack of interest from two blond men in the room. One is simply uninterested while the other is busy reading the letter he brought.