Interview 1: The Chip

I'm not one hundred percent sure exactly when or how I should talk about these, but I think the best way to incorporate them is one by one as the events we spoke about occur. This first one, which covered the evening after Marcus and I became an official couple, was difficult to administer. I left it never wanting to speak to him again, but ultimately, I'm glad I did this interview. I learned some pretty important information that was withheld from me for far too long...

*****

Interview Session #1 Transcript

(Audio recording begins)

Y/n: Are you sure you want to do this? If you're not ready, we can wait.

DD: Yes. I have to. You deserve to know the truth.

Y/n: That's true, but you also need to own up to your mistakes.

DD: Oh yeah, that too.

Y/n: (Sighs). Okay, go ahead.

DD: Solitude wasn't unusual in my life. Most of my days were spent tinkering with gadgets, working hard to create something new. I sat at my wooden desk, which bore the remnants of the day that passed. A crumpled paper here, an empty soft drink there. My life wasn't the picture of glitz and glamour.

You know, it used to be a lot better than this before Donald kicked me out of-

Y/n: That's not the point, Douglas.

DD: Fine, fine, fine.

That day, Marcus went to school like normal. I saw him briefly in the morning, reminding him of his agenda: learning as much about Adam, Bree, and Chase as possible so that we can capture them. There was no loving exchange of words, no hug or "good morning." That just wasn't the relationship we had.

That day, Marcus was planning to hang out with you after school. You guys were on some sort of date. I'm sure you remember it. I assumed he wouldn't be home until dinner time, so from 7:30 AM until about 5:00 PM, I was alone. And I decided to make good use of my time.

Y/n: Of course you did.

DD: Hey, you said you wanted to hear me out!

Y/n: Okay, fine. Continue.

DD: So, there I was, at my desk. It was about 4:00 PM, and I had finally finished my latest invention. A chip, for you.

Y/n: A what now?

DD: I said-

Y/n: I heard you!

DD: Just let me finish, y/n.

I wasn't a good guy. I wanted to achieve my goals, and I didn't care who I hurt in the process. To me, you were an integral part of my plan.

I wasn't going to give you bionics. Instead, I included three things on your chip that were very important to achieving what I desired.

First of all, a tracking app. Once you were in the picture, I never fully trusted Marcus. If the time came for me to use you in my plan, I didn't know which one of us he would be more loyal to. To ensure I would be successful no matter what, I needed to give you a chip with a tracking device on it. That way, if he refused to let me involve you, I could find you.

Y/n: Yeah, because that's totally not creepy at all.

DD: (Sighs). Second of all, the triton app, which I'm sure you're familiar with by now.

Y/n: You don't say!

DD: I wasn't really sure if I would need it, but I wanted to have the ability to use it on you if it was necessary for my plan.