Chapter 2: Concert In A Can

CHAPTER 2

I spent almost the entrity of summer break with the Davenport's. Besides the week I spent on vacation with Aunt a/n, I went over to their house (and secret lab) everyday. At this point, Adam and I were ridiculous movie buddies, Bree and I were besties, and Chase and I were always there for each other. Little did I know that one dag this support would be needed to overcome darkness.

The summer had gone by way to fast for my liking, and it was eventually time to return to the ultimate demon gathering place: Mission Creek High, where your principal might as well be Krampus, the anti-Santa Claus who goes around stealing children (or in her case, cats).

However, something about this year seemed to excite me. With new friends by my side, I was determined that maybe this year wouldn't be so horrible. I'd have someone to stick up to Principal Perry with me, and hey, perhaps she'd chose to pick on Leo instead. And perhaps I'd meet someone sho would change my life.

When I walked into school, I immediately spotted Adam and Chase, since they were sitting in the center of the commons room. However, they were with someone else. Next to them stood a dark haired boy holding a gutair. From the far distance I could not make out any distinct facial features, but he seemed kinda cute. And out of the same natural curiosity that lead me to discover Chase's abilities, I walked towards them.

"Hey y/n!" Chase called once be spotted me. We gave each other our usual hug, and then we both turned towards the new guy. "Y/n, this is Marcus, he's new to our school."

When he spotted me, something seemed to change about Marcus. He posture relaxed, his eyes widened, and let out a small smile. "Hi,
y/n. It's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, " I replied. I didn't know what it was exactly, but something about Marcus caught my eye. It was something I had never felt with anyone before. As much as I wanted to stare at him forever, the five minute bell rang, meaning it was time to get to class. Therefore, him and I said our goodbyes, and I headed over to Honors English with Chase.

Y/n, you're in for a wild ride.

****

Although I should have been focusing on meeting my new teachers and picking up random math material that I will literally never use again, my mind couldn't help but drift off to once place: Marcus. I remembered his freckles that were painted across his pale face, and which were complimented by the darkest hair I'd ever seen. Also his jawline. UGH that jawline. I just can't even. With all of this being said, stating that I was incredibly happy to see him at lunch was an understatement.

He was seated in a upright position on one of the cheap, green chairs that was directly connected to a table. At that table, sat the Davenport children (and Leo), meaning I would have no choice but to sit with dreamy eyes. (Not that I would have objected, though).

As I approached the area, Marcus spotted me, and I could tell he remembered who I was. "Hey, y/n!" He half-shouted. Although I was not the largest fan of attention, and preferred to be tucked away in my own little corner, I liked the attention from him. I felt a wave of excitement rush through my body as I pulled the chair next to him outward, and sat down.

"So, how is your day so far?" He asked, trying to start a conservation. And as he said those words, I started freaking out inside. It was like the thought that he actually took slight interest in me was the best thing that had ever occurred.

Yes it was, y/n. Those were the days.

"Pretty good, but school is school," I finally stated to break free from my trance. "What about you?"