Chapter 5: Official

It had been nearly a week since my first date with Marcus, and ever since, my life had been simply magical. Every day, I woke up to a greeting over text. He would bid me good morning, including a heart-shaped emoji with his gesture. But that friday morning, he included two!

I would always reply back, returning his greeting and offering a heart in return. He would "like" my message and say that he couldn't wait to see me at school. With that, our brief, but dreamy, text exchange would come to a close, and I always took that as my sign to start getting ready for the day.

A bowl of fav/cereal and a change of clothes later, I found myself waltzing out the door, where I was greeted by a sweet face. Marcus, whose right shoulder already bore the weight of his black backpack, grabbed my f/c one and draped it over his other shoulder, kissing my cheek afterward.

I smiled at him, and attested: "You know you don't have to carry my bag for me."

"I know," he replied. "But you deserve to be taken care of." With that remark, I blushed, and leaned in to kiss him on the lips. As soon as I made a move, his face acquired that same blush, and after our lips locked, we cheerfully began our daily walk to school.

During our journey, we would always talk about the most interesting things. On Monday, for our inaugural walk, we had an entire deep dive discussion on f/tv show. But for today's discussion, Marcus took a rather different approach.

"Y/n, it's a friday night, so I was wondering if you wanted to hang out?"

With that, the biggest, nerdiest smile lined my face, and my e/c eyes lit up.

"Yes!" I replied excitedly, realizing a minute too late that I should've tried to keep my composure. I took a breath, cleared my throat, and added, "I mean- sure! That sounds really cool. Do you wanna come over to my house?"

He smiled, "it's a date," and I blushed even harder.

After a few more minutes of discussing our favorite movies and our borderline evil principal, we arrived at school. Marcus and I had no classes together, so we only got to see each other at lunch and between classes, which simply wasn't enough time for me to stare into his handsome eyes. We prepared to part ways, but not before Marcus walked me to my class and only then handed me my backpack, ensuring that I didn't have to carry it at all.

"I'm going to miss you," I proclaimed, as I leaned in to kiss him. Our lips met for a few seconds, before we both pulled away.

"I'll miss you too," he replied, caressing my cheek and practically making me swoon. "I'll see you soon, sweetheart."

Marcus exited the classroom as I slowly sank down into my chair, and only then did I realize that Chase was already seated at his desk, right where he could have seen everything.

"Wow, you too have gotten close," he remarked.

"Is that a problem?"

"No!" He exclaimed. "I'm actually really happy for you, y/n. It's Leo I would worry about."

"Why?" I questioned. "Marcus apologized for the whole guitar situation." Leo and I weren't as close as I was to the trio, but him and I had always been on good terms.

"He's convinced that Marcus is evil. It's gotten absolutely ridiculous!"

I looked at Chase in shock, he had to be pulling my leg. Marcus, evil? That was absolutely ridiculous!

Is it?

"You can't be serious," I replied, crossing my arms.

"I am, y/n," he clarified, and as he began to say more, the lunatic in question entered.