the point guard (m) haechan x reader

pairing: haechan (nct) + you (reader)

you: the time has come for a showdown with neonet. you have no one in your corner and everyone is a suspect. then haechan walks in. he has a bone to pick with neonet and together, maybe the two of you can unveil the monsters behind the hellsite that has ruled nctu for too long.

him: from the moment he set foot on campus, haechan has been lurking, gathering as much information about neonet as possible without raising suspicion. he knows smashing the six is connected to the site and he needs your help to finally give neonet a taste of its own poison.

warnings: mild language; mentions of blackmail and manipulation; some slut shaming

a/n: this is part six of my smashing the six series; check my masterlist for other parts; happy reading!

You weren't sure what you were expecting when you sent the post. Did you want swift retribution or passive aggressive texts?

Regardless, you received neither. Nothing came by way of an unknown number.

You wanted to lash out at them. Did they have any idea what they had stolen from you? But your anger was quickly replaced with misery. You wrapped your arms around your legs and rested your head on your knees.

Mark, you thought. I want Mark. It would seem you were just another girl that wanted the one thing she couldn't have.

Sudden knocking on your door made you lift your head, but you made no moves to get up. You were wracking your brain for what the hell you were supposed to do now.

You didn't want to answer. You wanted to wallow in your feelings and possibly plot your vengeance, but whoever was banging at your door had no intention of going away anytime soon. So you got up, dragged your feet across the room and opened the door.

"What the hell happened?" Winter exclaimed, rushing forward and enveloping you in a tight hug that you sorely needed at the moment. "Tell me everything."

You threw up your hands and marched right back to the bed, plopping down on the edge and crying, "How did they know about me and Mark?"

Winter came to stand before you, folding her arms. "Did Mark tell them?"

You frowned at the thought that Mark could betray you. You didn't want to think it was a possibility. "He wouldn't do that."

Her reply was razor sharp, "Are you sure?"

"No," you huffed, hiding your face in your hands. "Goddamnit." You had never felt so defeated. Or alone.

It felt like you had no one but yourself and the wolves were closing in.

Winter waited a moment, waited until you looked up at her again with tears glistening in your eyes. Neonet was blowing up. Campus was losing their shit that you had fucked Jeong Jaehyun, even though you didn't.

"And what about Jaehyun?" Winter asked. It was the painful question that needed to be asked.

You shook your head vehemently. "He wouldn't say anything. He wouldn't do that."

But was that true? Did you know that for sure? You had spilled your guts to Jaehyun. You told him everything about smashing the six. And everything about you and Mark.

Winter slowly lowered beside you and pressed a little harshly, "So, are you still doing this smashing the six thing or are you just dick hopping from your boyfriend to your ex?"

She couldn't fathom that you would sleep with Jaehyun when you were head over heels in love with Mark. And you didn't have the energy to correct her.

You fell back, flat on the mattress. Your head was spinning. If you didn't find out who neonet was, you were going to lose your mind. If you hadn't lost it already.