4

waking up in my room after falling asleep in the living room was bound to cause confusion, but waking up in my room after falling asleep in the living room and with someone's arms around me, confusion was an understatement. the arms were firmly wrapped around my waist and the person face was buried into my neck. their breathing was calm and i could feel their heartbeat going steady against my back. trying to make my way out their arms was a struggle, but as i pried the person fingers off the grip only got tighter.

"mmm, stay here with me." they whined and that's when the voice clicked into my head. "eddie?" i said trying to turn my head back to get a look at him. "the one and only princess, don't wear it out yet." he said and i could feel him smirk against my neck. my face reddened and i awkwardly cleared my throat "i, uh, have to use the bathroom.". eddie nodded and slowly retracted his arms from around my waist. "wait before i go in there... did we... you know?" he laughed and shook his no. "we did not, i'm sure you don't remember asking me to stay in your room when i brought you up here though." my head whipped around to finally face eddie. "i'm never said i was complaining doll." he stretched. i slowly nodded my head and made my way to the bathroom. before walking through the door eddie stood up from my bed "i gotta go but i'll see you at school tomorrow." he winked and left. i stood there and blinked not knowing how to react. nodding i finally went into the bathroom. i just started knowing eddie more, but he treats me like we've known each other for a while. he's so nice to me and... attractive. maybe, just maybe it wouldn't be to bad if i admit to myself i'm starting to crush on him.

-monday-

"dustin let's go! we need to leave now."

"alright i'm coming, hold on!"

i grab my keys and head outside to my car as dustin comes running down the stairs rushing to put his shoes on. running down he almost trips over himself but quickly stands up. we both get into my car and i start my engine. "i see you and eddie have been getting along." dustin talks while breathing heavily from the previous running. "uh yeah, he's a cool guy." i reply trying not to think about it as i start the car. thinking about eddie would surely rush all the moments he flirted with me in my mind and i wouldn't be able to explain why my face is the same color as max's hair.

"so why are we rushing to school again, we have some time before we have to go to homeroom." dustin turns to me. "you know i have to meet up with robin and steve in the morning." "why is steve even at the school, he graduated last year. he can't love school THAT much." i laughed at my little brother "robin doesn't have her license, he takes her to school. besides, he just loves me and robin sooo much that he has to see us every morning and get the daily gossip." dustin raises his eyebrow and tells me "i don't think that's the reason y/n, at all." "alright, time to get out my car little brother!" i enthusiastically clap my hands and turn the car off as we arrived at the school.

we both exit the car and go our separate ways. dustin goes off to go find his friends and i go off to find steve's car after locking my doors. the dark maroon car was spotted sitting not to far from mine with both of my friends in there talking. i walk up to the car and knock on the window scaring steve. "jesus y/n you can't do stuff like that, i almost had a heart attack!" steve rants while aggressively turning his hand to roll down the window. "just let me in the car stevey." i hold onto the handle with a smile. "i'm serious y/n!". "yeah yeah whatever, you love me." steve rolled his eyes in response. "so, you and eddie." was the first thing said as soon as i sat in the car. "yeah so you and eddie." steve repeated what robin had previously said. "so you and vickie, or even better yet, you and nancy." i pointed to them sarcastically smiling. "we know you're still in love with her steve, it's okay to be open!" i said pursing my lips and shaking my head as i patted steve's shoulder. "hey this isn't about me, this is about you." he shakes my hand off his shoulder and i look at an imaginary clock on my wrist. "would you look at that, it's time for me to go! bye stevey have fun working loser, come on robin." i hop out of steve's car and walk to the entrance with robin, slightly walking ahead of her.