:: 1 ::

Renjun could be classified as your best friend and your enemy depending on the situation

And right now, to you, he was the public enemy #1 with very valid reasons. Well, according to your thinking that is. To others, it would seem very petty. Perhaps, maybe because it was although, you would never acknowledge that fact.

Renjun had set you on a blind date, stating that he's tired of hearing how you're always complaining about being single. And as your best friend, he had to do something about your fretting because he sure as hell wasn't about to spend the rest of his college friendship life with you, listening to how you're so dead single.

And in some circumstances, you would've been glad that Renjun had set a blind date and put some thought into your words for once, but that, unfortunately, wasn't the case in this circumstance. You were not informed, and to add on, the date was today. In 2 hours.

Renjun had great timing, didn't he?

"Look, it slipped out of my mind!" He exclaimed, putting his hands up in personal defence as you were glaring at your best friend from across the room, a tub of ice cream in your arms as you grumbled something about how forgetting something as important as a blind date was so unlike him.

And maybe it was but Renjun wanted to have some fun too, you know. Pulling your leg was the best out of everyone else's because your reactions were always so dramatic and blown out of proportion.

"I look as bad as you did when we played Romeo and Juliet for our musicals!" You sneered as you gestured to yourself, in your pyjamas with messy bed hair and a tub of ice cream across your mouth as you munched on your frozen treat.

Scoffing, Renjun crossed his arms, an eyebrow raised in challenge, "Please, I didn't look that bad...well," He thought, eyes scanning your figure in your bed pitifully, "Better than you, definitely." He shrugged, laughing at the last bit of his sentence as you threw your pillow at him.

"Not funny."

"You laughed!"

Sighing, you slumped over to your blankets, wondering what the hell you were going to do. Renjun only had to look at you once to know that you were overthinking again. He rolled his eyes as he sat down on your bed, feeling the soft surface of your bed hit his thighs. He pondered for a second about what to say as he glanced at your figure under the covers of your blanket.

"You're gonna be fine." He tells you, smiling a bit as he pulls down the blanket and patts your head. Ruffling it a bit to only chuckle and mess it up even more. He hoped that what he did could comfort you, even if only a little.

And it did. Renjun wasn't known for being comforting even though you were pretty sure the dude was compassionate inside, you guess he just chose not to show it. And you respected it but, being comforted by Renjun was something that you least expected despite the both of you being friends since the 8th grade.

"Let's get you a good dress for the date."